GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unlucky Boro."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/01/04 at 08:13
"Darkness, always"
Arsenal are consistently good at at least one thing. Beating Middlesborough. How unfortunate then, that in the month of January, Boro will face their bogey team no fewer than four times. Yes, that's right. Four times in one month.

10 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (Premiership)
20 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (Carling Cup)
24/25 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (FA Cup)
28 Jan: Boro v Arsenal (Carling Cup)

I predict Arsenal's unbeaten domestic run to continue at least another four games. Sorry Steve...
Tue 20/01/04 at 21:43
Regular
Arsenal 0 Boro 1

Nice one Juninho!

Should have been 2-3!

Now go do em in the FA cup!
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:38
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
Don or†ega wrote:
> heh, arsenal top on alphabetical order.

well they are also top in (what counts) points.
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:35
"LoRD oF thE BEER"
amen to you sniper arsenal are at the moment the best team in england well i think so and what do u think is going to happen to boro if we won the first 2 games against then 4-1.
Tue 20/01/04 at 17:28
Regular
"Colourless"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> Heh funny that but we ain't a one man team...

Yeah...totally agree...of course you're not.....
Tue 20/01/04 at 16:55
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> Well, if they can stop Thierry Henry, in theory, they can stop
> Arsénal, too.
>

Heh funny that but we ain't a on man team... pires is getting better and better, vieira is getting back on form and ljungberg is improving.
Also haven't you noticed we need a good defence aswell?
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, if they can stop Thierry Henry, in theory, they can stop Arsénal, too.

This was proven in the Champions' League, earlier in the season. Teams would be set-out to take Henry out of the game, and were then able to add to "Le Gooners'" crap start to the tournament.

However, they just seemed to `stop´ after that, and so, Arsénal managed to scrape-through into the knockout stages... :P

They let Henry loose, and he did all the damage!

But, what we haven't really seen is this happening in the Premiership.
I thought Alan Smith did a very good job against him the other Sunday, despite Leeds' heavy loss. But for the first 45-minutes at least, Thierry Henry was shadowed in almost every-corner by the blonde-haired hot-head.

But why can't other teams try this??
I bet even Middlesbrough would stand a greater chance of beating them in any-one of their reamaining meetings this month, if they can just lose a one-defender and one-midfielder to help removed Henry, as a team.
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:06
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Arsenal have scored 8 goals against Middlesborough and we still have over half the games to go...

ooh er
Sat 10/01/04 at 17:35
Regular
heh, arsenal top on alphabetical order.
Sat 10/01/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well, thats a great start by the 'Boro, 'Only' losing 4-1 in their first of 4 meetings against Arsenal - the same scoreline by which the 'boro lost at the riverside earlier this season.

Great strategy Macca and goodluck in your remaining 3 fixtures against the gunners (you'll need it)
Wed 07/01/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Colourless"
Relay wrote:
> We (Spurs) also played Chelsea 3 times in a week. In the Premiership,
> Worthington Cup Semi First leg and FA cup quarters.
>
> The WC was the leg before we famously beat the 5-1, never forgotten
> the moment Colourless walked into my house to watch the game about a
> minute into the match, saw Iverson scored and tried to walk straight
> back out again without saying anything. :cD

No that wasn't how it happened. I still had faith in my team at 1-0. I said, "okay if it gets to 4-0 i'm leaving." But you didnt allow it. Forssell got the goal of the game anyway, so i got to see that!

Funny you didn't mention the other 2 times we played you. Aggregate score; 8-0 was it?

It wasn't 3 in a week. The WC semi was like a month before and then it was 2 in a week. Both 4-0. Jimmy got the perfect hat-trick in the second match: one left-foot curler, one-right foot curler and a header.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.