GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unlucky Boro."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/01/04 at 08:13
"Darkness, always"
Arsenal are consistently good at at least one thing. Beating Middlesborough. How unfortunate then, that in the month of January, Boro will face their bogey team no fewer than four times. Yes, that's right. Four times in one month.

10 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (Premiership)
20 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (Carling Cup)
24/25 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (FA Cup)
28 Jan: Boro v Arsenal (Carling Cup)

I predict Arsenal's unbeaten domestic run to continue at least another four games. Sorry Steve...
Tue 06/01/04 at 08:13
"Darkness, always"
Arsenal are consistently good at at least one thing. Beating Middlesborough. How unfortunate then, that in the month of January, Boro will face their bogey team no fewer than four times. Yes, that's right. Four times in one month.

10 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (Premiership)
20 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (Carling Cup)
24/25 Jan: Arsenal v Boro (FA Cup)
28 Jan: Boro v Arsenal (Carling Cup)

I predict Arsenal's unbeaten domestic run to continue at least another four games. Sorry Steve...
Tue 06/01/04 at 11:37
Regular
I reckon Arsenal might lose tomorrow at goodison with rooney repeating where he started of last season! He scored home and away agaisnt them last season...

Boro got a 3-0 win at highbury couple seasons back so it aint all doom and gloom.
Tue 06/01/04 at 12:55
Regular
Well if we play as well as we did against leeds then we'll win even if rooney is on the pitch.
Tue 06/01/04 at 18:26
"Darkness, always"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Boro got a 3-0 win at highbury couple seasons back so it aint all
> doom and gloom.

Since McClaren took charge, Boro have conceded 15 goals to the Árse, and scoreed only one...
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Surely they can't lose all 4?

It'd be really funny to see Boro win all four of them, but the odds of that happening is probably a million to one.

I hope Arsenal beat them in the Premiership to help Villa and it would be good to play them in the Carling Cup final.
Tue 06/01/04 at 19:45
Regular
"The Red Shift"
we are going on a pretty good run, but thats when these strange results come out of right field (baseball term:))

hope we can do a quadruple over them, including the young guns over the 2 legs...
Wed 07/01/04 at 03:48
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
That reminds me of a few years ago, when in the space of 10 days (or something roundabouts), Wimbledon and Tottenham played each other 3 times!

I remember it mostly for the funny "Can't Kick, Won't Kick" comic-short in the Daily Mirror.
Wed 07/01/04 at 03:54
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
We (Spurs) also played Chelsea 3 times in a week. In the Premiership, Worthington Cup Semi First leg and FA cup quarters.

The WC was the leg before we famously beat the 5-1, never forgotten the moment Colourless walked into my house to watch the game about a minute into the match, saw Iverson scored and tried to walk straight back out again without saying anything. :cD
Wed 07/01/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Colourless"
Relay wrote:
> We (Spurs) also played Chelsea 3 times in a week. In the Premiership,
> Worthington Cup Semi First leg and FA cup quarters.
>
> The WC was the leg before we famously beat the 5-1, never forgotten
> the moment Colourless walked into my house to watch the game about a
> minute into the match, saw Iverson scored and tried to walk straight
> back out again without saying anything. :cD

No that wasn't how it happened. I still had faith in my team at 1-0. I said, "okay if it gets to 4-0 i'm leaving." But you didnt allow it. Forssell got the goal of the game anyway, so i got to see that!

Funny you didn't mention the other 2 times we played you. Aggregate score; 8-0 was it?

It wasn't 3 in a week. The WC semi was like a month before and then it was 2 in a week. Both 4-0. Jimmy got the perfect hat-trick in the second match: one left-foot curler, one-right foot curler and a header.
Sat 10/01/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well, thats a great start by the 'Boro, 'Only' losing 4-1 in their first of 4 meetings against Arsenal - the same scoreline by which the 'boro lost at the riverside earlier this season.

Great strategy Macca and goodluck in your remaining 3 fixtures against the gunners (you'll need it)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.