GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to wear to a relatively gothic club? :S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/01/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Heylo people, I have got a date coming up and my partner wants to go to a club that is relatively gothic. Neither of us are goths though, at best my partner is a "trendy" who likes rock music ever now and again. Anyway I don't even like Rock Music...unless Nickel Back, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, The Darkness and so on count as rock but even then I don't think they'd play half of them.

So the question I pose you is what should I wear? I normally just wear jeans, T-shirt and so on but when I met my partner at this club a few weeks back I REALLY stuck out like a swore thumb. I have got an idea that I'll wear my Van trainers, baggy grey bernys trousers, a black quicksilver shirt and a black suede jacket. That's still really not gothic at all but it's a start...isn't it? Any advise appreciated :D
Sat 03/01/04 at 22:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
Vans are skater shoes
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Me+Live= Sore Fists"
Just wear baggy jeans, a hoody and some Vans or skater shoes.
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol gay goth bar? Who fits in to that social minorty:P
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Woteva"
Cubist wrote:
> No it's called...well I would tell you on the net but I don't want my
> mates turning up and they allready know the date of the date lol.
> Sufficed to say it's not that one :D

Don't tell me your friends take the mick because you're gay?

*hopes not*
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
add me on msn cubist and I will act as your heterosexual fashion advisor

[email protected]
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Maybe its just because I woke up but when I read your post it sounded like you were going to a gay goth bar. Probably the use of the word partner.

Anyway wear what you want. As long as you have a good time it dosn't really matter how you look to "fit in". where abouts is the place you are going?
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
No it's called...well I would tell you on the net but I don't want my mates turning up and they allready know the date of the date lol. Sufficed to say it's not that one :D
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Woteva"
Just make sure what you wear is black - you should be just fine :0D
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
Whats the name of the club?

Is it called "Dust" ? There's like a chain of them and they're well known gothic/grunge clubs.
Sat 03/01/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol so many of these responses are just takin' the mickey from goths. There is this slightly gothic gal in my school and she got a lot of stick from NEDs but was really popular with everyone else. Anyway one day a NED said to the teacher "Don't you think all these goths should be like chucked out of school for wearing t-shirts saying things like 'KILL ALL THE CHICKENS!!!'"?

Well she heard this and the next day wore a white t-shirt to school, got a black permanent marker pen and wrote on the front "KILL ALL THE CHICKENS!" lol It was great situational comedy :P :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.