GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord Of The Rings question, I don't understand:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
In the first movie I was sure that Orks could not move about during the day and only came out at night. That was why they bred Urak-hai or whatever they are called. However in the 3rd film Orks can be seen fighting in daylight to defeat men as one of them says "This is the time of the orks!" or some poo like that. Anyhow I thimk I must be missing something here as it is a blatant contradiction. Someone enlighten me and show me the error of my ways please:D
Tue 30/12/03 at 15:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I like him because he is an almost direct reflection of the old Elven lords, Kings of the Noldor etc. A direct throwback, as he isn't seen as so 'contemprorary' as Elrond/Galadriel are.
Tue 30/12/03 at 14:40
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> Who's Glorfindel? And what's so special about him?

--

Whats so special is that he holds off the Nazgul. By himself. It's not Xena:Warrior Arwen. Aragorn and Frodo arrive at the Ford, Glorfindel gives Frodo his horse (which is quality in itself), and then holds off all 9 until Elrond floods the river.

Arwen, meanwhile, is braiding her hair.
Tue 30/12/03 at 11:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah.

Sauron lets lose a, er, 'smog'.

Covers the lands.

Although in the films, it wasn't so obvious. I mean the sun broke through the clouds, but it wasn't completely obvious that there was some sort of evil there. Just almost a symbolism.
Tue 30/12/03 at 10:04
Regular
"not dead"
And besides, it was supposed to be dark anyway during the battle.

When the sun set one day before hand, it didn't rise again until the riders of rohan showed up.

Or so I seem to recall from the books. In the movie, it was a bit gloomy, with dark clouds, which I guess indicates the same thing - the sun can't be seen.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:39
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> In the books, he's a ranger of Lorien. Legolas, although being an
> Elven prince, is essentially a ranger of Mirkwood. So they have
> rangers too. And Haldir is a cameo in the book. In the films, I
> guess they just wanted someone recognisable so they could kill him to
> make Helms Deep seem costly. Stupid idea having Haldir in charge, if
> you ask me. I'd have sent Glorfindel. I have issues because he's left
> out of the films though. And this makes me seem, if possible, even
> more of an LotR geek. I'll hush now.

Who's Glorfindel? And what's so special about him?
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Stryke wrote:
> In the books, he's a ranger of Lorien. Legolas, although being an
> Elven prince, is essentially a ranger of Mirkwood. So they have
> rangers too. And Haldir is a cameo in the book. In the films, I
> guess they just wanted someone recognisable so they could kill him to
> make Helms Deep seem costly. Stupid idea having Haldir in charge, if
> you ask me. I'd have sent Glorfindel. I have issues because he's left
> out of the films though. And this makes me seem, if possible, even
> more of an LotR geek. I'll hush now.

Glorfindel is the man. He is an Elven Lord. Like, from Doriath, the Noldor, Tirion, Tuna, Aman.............

hush! HUSH!

*cries*
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:42
Regular
Oh, and the Orcs that fight at Pelennor are Uruks too. Sauron bred them before Saruman (in the books). Orcs can move about in the day, but they're all weakened and the hobbits could probably take them all out.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:40
Regular
In the books, he's a ranger of Lorien. Legolas, although being an Elven prince, is essentially a ranger of Mirkwood. So they have rangers too. And Haldir is a cameo in the book. In the films, I guess they just wanted someone recognisable so they could kill him to make Helms Deep seem costly. Stupid idea having Haldir in charge, if you ask me. I'd have sent Glorfindel. I have issues because he's left out of the films though. And this makes me seem, if possible, even more of an LotR geek. I'll hush now.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Isn't being a Ranger stictly a human thang. I thought he was like an Elf General who commanded the Elven army. Wont doubt you though if i'm wrong heh.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:30
Regular
Haldir's not at the wedding, you tart. And he's not an elf king, he's a simple ranger.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.