GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord Of The Rings question, I don't understand:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
In the first movie I was sure that Orks could not move about during the day and only came out at night. That was why they bred Urak-hai or whatever they are called. However in the 3rd film Orks can be seen fighting in daylight to defeat men as one of them says "This is the time of the orks!" or some poo like that. Anyhow I thimk I must be missing something here as it is a blatant contradiction. Someone enlighten me and show me the error of my ways please:D
Thu 01/01/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I don't think he is, i think it's someone else. What have you been smoking?
Thu 01/01/04 at 18:01
"Metal Head"
Thats a good point, Please can someone explain
Thu 01/01/04 at 17:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> >
> I did attempt to read The Silmarillion, and it would have let me join
> in your shockingly geekish chat, but it was the most boring thing
> I've ever read.
> Shame on me.
>
>

I know. The beard has crept up on me. I finally realised how much I actually knew about it all.

Meh.

*Is proud*

So there.
Wed 31/12/03 at 20:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Stryke wrote:
> Oh come on. They all charge at him. This includes the Witch-King.
> Compare this to Our Champion Elessar on Weathertop, who just manages
> to not get killed by what, five of them?

Do they hell charge at him, they all run after frodo. The only thing Glorfindel has to do is avoid being trampled.
Wed 31/12/03 at 20:49
"period drama"
And where was Bombadil anyway?
Did they suppose he'd confussle everyone? Or didn't know what to make him look like?
Shame on that.

I did attempt to read The Silmarillion, and it would have let me join in your shockingly geekish chat, but it was the most boring thing I've ever read.
Shame on me.

*Snooze*

But, seriously.
It was.
Tue 30/12/03 at 22:52
Regular
Oh come on. They all charge at him. This includes the Witch-King. Compare this to Our Champion Elessar on Weathertop, who just manages to not get killed by what, five of them?
Tue 30/12/03 at 20:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Stryke wrote:
> and then holds off all 9 until Elrond floods the river.

Umm, i wouldnt really say holds them off. All he does is run after his horse waving a burning stick about when the Nazgul try to turn back when the river floods.
Tue 30/12/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I read the first few posts in this thread, and from then on it got far too technical for me.
I can't remember half of their names.
Damn it.
Tue 30/12/03 at 15:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmm. I am currently re-reading The Silmarillion. Is the fall of Gondolin in the First Age? Might well be I suppose. I haven't got to the fall yet, and I can't remember him doing that.

It's tragically brilliant who they always lose and regroup. Feanors Oath and the Doom of Mandos etc.

Hmm, is that a beard growing on my chin?
Tue 30/12/03 at 15:07
Regular
Well, there's argument in the LotR geek-net community, isn't there? Tolkein hints that Rivendell Glorfindel is the same Glorfindel that fought a Balrog at Gondolin to allow the Noldor there to escape, back in the 1st Age...I think. Bit rusty on my Glorfindel knowhow. Once I get to wherever Tolkein is now, I'm going to ask him who Bombadil really was, if Balrogs can actually fly and who the hell Glorfindel was. His name means Golden haired elf - yet the Noldor are dark haired, and he's Noldor. Intriguing. It's all on the Encylopedia of Arda, if you're interested.

Glorfindel - my favourite cameo character.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.