GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord Of The Rings question, I don't understand:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
In the first movie I was sure that Orks could not move about during the day and only came out at night. That was why they bred Urak-hai or whatever they are called. However in the 3rd film Orks can be seen fighting in daylight to defeat men as one of them says "This is the time of the orks!" or some poo like that. Anyhow I thimk I must be missing something here as it is a blatant contradiction. Someone enlighten me and show me the error of my ways please:D
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
In the first movie I was sure that Orks could not move about during the day and only came out at night. That was why they bred Urak-hai or whatever they are called. However in the 3rd film Orks can be seen fighting in daylight to defeat men as one of them says "This is the time of the orks!" or some poo like that. Anyhow I thimk I must be missing something here as it is a blatant contradiction. Someone enlighten me and show me the error of my ways please:D
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Maybe it is meant in another context, say metaphorically, for instance "the time of the dinosaurs" as opposed to the physical time - "the time the dinousars slept". Not a good description methinks, but I haven't seen the film yet, so I can't say for certainty.
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:20
Regular
"That's right!"
"In the first movie I was sure that Orks could not move about during the day and only came out at night"

What are you smoking? I don't think you see the Orcs/Orks at night ONCE in the entire film. They're out in the day the whole time. And they kill Sean Bean, the monsters!
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Pot, most likely.
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:35
Regular
"She's a dog!"
*SPOILER*

How about this one: At the end of the film at Aragorn's wedding, the Elf king who died in the Two Towers is seen, is this symbolic or just a mistake by Peter Jackson or a mistake by my eyes?
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:41
Regular
"She's a dog!"
The Elf dude called Haldir or something after a quick search on google.
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "In the first movie I was sure that Orks could not move about
> during the day and only came out at night"
>
> What are you smoking? I don't think you see the Orcs/Orks at night
> ONCE in the entire film. They're out in the day the whole time. And
> they kill Sean Bean, the monsters!

They are Urak-hai who do that. Remember when gandalf dies and they say that they can't stop to grieve because by night time these hills will be swarming with orks? The only time you see orks are in the mines of moria where it is dark.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:30
Regular
Haldir's not at the wedding, you tart. And he's not an elf king, he's a simple ranger.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Isn't being a Ranger stictly a human thang. I thought he was like an Elf General who commanded the Elven army. Wont doubt you though if i'm wrong heh.
Mon 29/12/03 at 22:40
Regular
In the books, he's a ranger of Lorien. Legolas, although being an Elven prince, is essentially a ranger of Mirkwood. So they have rangers too. And Haldir is a cameo in the book. In the films, I guess they just wanted someone recognisable so they could kill him to make Helms Deep seem costly. Stupid idea having Haldir in charge, if you ask me. I'd have sent Glorfindel. I have issues because he's left out of the films though. And this makes me seem, if possible, even more of an LotR geek. I'll hush now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.