GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My 5 things and your 5 things"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
If you were to pick 5 things you want to achieve in your life that you have not yet done, what would they be and why?

Here’s my 5 in no particular order:

1.Climb Mount Everest: The reason I want to do this is because I want to feel the adrenalin pumping through my blood as I push myself to do one of the hardest feats I consider there to be for my body and mind. I have a picture of Everest showing the main paths taken by climbers and one day I want to be able to point to that picture and say “I went this way”

2.Go on a long-haul flight: This might seem like nothing much to most but for me this would be a real achievement because it is physically impossible for me to do at the moment. I’d love to visit somewhere like Australia or Canada, but at the moment it’s something I can only dream about.

3.Tell someone I love them and mean it: I think I was born incapable of loving anyone! I’m a strange sort of person, I don’t get heartbroken when someone close to me dies, I just miss their presence, but that’s nowhere near the same thing. I wouldn’t exactly be a wreck if I was told I could never see my family again, because I barely speak to them as it is, and I hate to say it, but it feels like I barely know them.

4.Not have kids: Another slightly odd one but I have my reasons. I don’t like this world we live in one little bit so I would never even consider bringing a child into it. Besides, most people I know that have kids have them for entirely selfish reasons, really its like that for a lot of people these days, as it isn’t necessary for most of us to reproduce, after all the point of kids is to continue the survival of the species, but the world is overpopulated as it is, and I really don’t want to add to that.

5.Manage a full week in Uni: Another seemingly easy one, but have yet to go an entire week in playschool/primary school/secondary school/Uni without missing something. I’ve sworn myself to doing a full week when I go back in February and it will be a huge achievement for me if I succeed.

Your turn....
Mon 29/12/03 at 21:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
English Bloke, continued

6) To give Kyz your T-shirt
Mon 29/12/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
My 5 things are, from most important to least important, this -

1) I can't tell you right now because that defeats the point of the challenge but it is something I really want to do before I die or I'll live an unforfilled (sp? lol) life.

2) Gain a group of friends that I can totally rely on as mates. I have a small group right now but I often fall out with many of them and I'd like to get a group of friends maybe about 5-10 that I can completely rely on in a tight spot. Real mates. I only have about 2 I can really rely on right now.

3) Have an adventure. Corny and unlikely i know but I seriously feel that I have nothing to my life right now. I mean whenever i talk to my cousins and so on they are just going away or have just come back from holidays in China where they did charity work...or hiked across the great wall or...went para-sailing (is that what you call it when you're attached to the back of a speed boat while wearing a parachute?) You know not even adventures just interesting stories to tell of fun and interesting things they've done.

4) Try and get recognised for something even if it is just because of something small and it's recognised by a small group of people. I really want to be an author and maybe do what those good will hunting guys did and write, produce and star in my own film. Even if they were all flops I'd like to do it.

5) Feel good about myself. I am a strong believer that you are who you are but I really amn't happy the way I am right now so I want that to change. It'll probably never happen that's why it's at the bottom of the list but I really would like to get a better body (gym or something), get a style going with clothes instead of looking like I just fell out of a variety of not so classy stores. I think the most expensive stuff I have are Vans, Quiksilver or Next. How many adults wear that? I need to start wearing nice shirts, proper shoes (not vans trainers and so on) you know just get a style going so I don't feel like inadequate around people a lot better looking than me:P
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
Cubist wrote:
para-sailing (is that what you call it when
> you're attached to the back of a speed boat while wearing a
> parachute?)

Indeed it is. Damn fun it is too.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:28
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
See! I can't say I've done that:( I know it's a fun thing to do and I'd like to but no I'm boring ol' me. Hmph.
Mon 29/12/03 at 23:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
1) Produce an album that has been floating around my consciousness for several months. I have 3 SONGS ALREADY! WOOT! Seriously though, I'd love to do that.

2) Give someone a gift (no, not that you dirty beggars) I have also thought about. Actually 2 things, agift and a situation/place, and if they were at the same time and all went well, it'd be the most perfect moment I could ever possible wish for*

3) Travel. I am going around Europe in my Gap Year, and Tanzania and Southern Europe has already made me want more.

4) Have a family

5) Just have one moment - if it was forever it wouldn't be able to exist of absoloute, utter and total bliss. Not sexual, or adrenalin etc, but just one moment where everything, every single fibre and event and look and sound is perfect happiness*

*NOTE: Extremely daydreamy

I shall now ignore sneers.
Tue 30/12/03 at 06:50
Regular
"cachoo"
Cubist wrote:
> I think the most expensive stuff I have are Vans, Quiksilver or Next.
> How many adults wear that?

My dad.. if that helps! :p

1. Be optimistic for at least a week. Yet to be achieved!

2. Last somewhere. Like Lindgren's. I want to be able to build up my confidence first to be able to stay somewhere for longer than a week! Whether it's at work or college/uni.

3. Speak my mind. I do that, but not a lot. And if I do, it's only when I'm drunk.. which is not right!

4. Become financially stable for the future. A little early to be thinking about that, but sooner the better. I want to be stable. No worries about paying bills, or worrying when the Devil bailiff man is gonna show up at your door.

5. Stick to promises, not let people down.
Tue 30/12/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Laughingstock"
1. Complete the big, outrageously perverse novel I'm writing.
2. Destroy all that within me that is crap.
3. Find myself a slim woman with outrageously large breasts.
4. Smoke a pipe in a Bulgian forest.
5. Die in a plane crash and be obliterated off the face of the planet (when I'm 77)
Tue 30/12/03 at 12:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
A friend of mine has done number 4 on your list BG
Tue 30/12/03 at 13:55
Regular
"QPR 1974"
1. To not be allowed within a 100m radius of any child or animal.
2. To stop threatening old people with machetes
3. Not allowed to hide in bushes in the park, during the night, without reason.
4. Stop cooking rats on my stall outside of the primary school.
5. Anthrax.

Oh no, these were my restrictions given in court last month. Sorry.
Tue 30/12/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Paradox wrote:
> A friend of mine has done number 4 on your list BG

I put 'Bulgian', it should read Bulgarian. You might have thought I meant Belgian. Whichever, Bulgaria is a strange country. Just what goes on there? It would freak me out to be dropped in the middle of a Bulgarian forest, for some reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.