GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My 5 things and your 5 things"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
If you were to pick 5 things you want to achieve in your life that you have not yet done, what would they be and why?

Here’s my 5 in no particular order:

1.Climb Mount Everest: The reason I want to do this is because I want to feel the adrenalin pumping through my blood as I push myself to do one of the hardest feats I consider there to be for my body and mind. I have a picture of Everest showing the main paths taken by climbers and one day I want to be able to point to that picture and say “I went this way”

2.Go on a long-haul flight: This might seem like nothing much to most but for me this would be a real achievement because it is physically impossible for me to do at the moment. I’d love to visit somewhere like Australia or Canada, but at the moment it’s something I can only dream about.

3.Tell someone I love them and mean it: I think I was born incapable of loving anyone! I’m a strange sort of person, I don’t get heartbroken when someone close to me dies, I just miss their presence, but that’s nowhere near the same thing. I wouldn’t exactly be a wreck if I was told I could never see my family again, because I barely speak to them as it is, and I hate to say it, but it feels like I barely know them.

4.Not have kids: Another slightly odd one but I have my reasons. I don’t like this world we live in one little bit so I would never even consider bringing a child into it. Besides, most people I know that have kids have them for entirely selfish reasons, really its like that for a lot of people these days, as it isn’t necessary for most of us to reproduce, after all the point of kids is to continue the survival of the species, but the world is overpopulated as it is, and I really don’t want to add to that.

5.Manage a full week in Uni: Another seemingly easy one, but have yet to go an entire week in playschool/primary school/secondary school/Uni without missing something. I’ve sworn myself to doing a full week when I go back in February and it will be a huge achievement for me if I succeed.

Your turn....
Mon 29/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
If you were to pick 5 things you want to achieve in your life that you have not yet done, what would they be and why?

Here’s my 5 in no particular order:

1.Climb Mount Everest: The reason I want to do this is because I want to feel the adrenalin pumping through my blood as I push myself to do one of the hardest feats I consider there to be for my body and mind. I have a picture of Everest showing the main paths taken by climbers and one day I want to be able to point to that picture and say “I went this way”

2.Go on a long-haul flight: This might seem like nothing much to most but for me this would be a real achievement because it is physically impossible for me to do at the moment. I’d love to visit somewhere like Australia or Canada, but at the moment it’s something I can only dream about.

3.Tell someone I love them and mean it: I think I was born incapable of loving anyone! I’m a strange sort of person, I don’t get heartbroken when someone close to me dies, I just miss their presence, but that’s nowhere near the same thing. I wouldn’t exactly be a wreck if I was told I could never see my family again, because I barely speak to them as it is, and I hate to say it, but it feels like I barely know them.

4.Not have kids: Another slightly odd one but I have my reasons. I don’t like this world we live in one little bit so I would never even consider bringing a child into it. Besides, most people I know that have kids have them for entirely selfish reasons, really its like that for a lot of people these days, as it isn’t necessary for most of us to reproduce, after all the point of kids is to continue the survival of the species, but the world is overpopulated as it is, and I really don’t want to add to that.

5.Manage a full week in Uni: Another seemingly easy one, but have yet to go an entire week in playschool/primary school/secondary school/Uni without missing something. I’ve sworn myself to doing a full week when I go back in February and it will be a huge achievement for me if I succeed.

Your turn....
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:16
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've only got one thing, I put it in ladies.
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
My first one is completely opposite to one of yours, I want to have a few kids. Not a huge family like some you see nowadays, but maybe 2 or 3 kids that I can bring up and love with all my heart. This would make me feel like I have acheived the best thing ever, bringing someone else into this world, however bad it may be.

I'll post the rest later, busy right now.
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:23
Regular
"That's right!"
Can't be bothered to think of five things at the moment, but I'll tell you right now, at the top of the list would be to have kids.

The benefits far outweigh any "problems" it can cause. And you can train them to do your bidding.
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:35
Regular
Off the top of my head :

1) Live a large portion of my life in a tropical archipegalos
2) Go into Space
3) Become a great martial artist
4) Be in a life and death combat situation
5) Create something artistic that will inspire and be remembered for years to come.

tall orders? nah.
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:44
Regular
"That's right!"
What if number 4 is the first thing you do, and you get killed? Then you can't do the rest.
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
My five things.

i) Get a story or screenplay produced and published or filmed
i) To start a family
i) To work in a job I enjoy, regardless of the pay
i) To have a tattoo
i) To live in Canada
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:54
Regular
"That's right!"
To get a tattoo? Is that it? Why don't you, y'know, go get one. As in right now.

Not exactly a life changing event.
Mon 29/12/03 at 20:57
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'll have my ambitions and you can have yours.
Mon 29/12/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
1) To own a nice car
2) To buy a house
3) Not to have kids
4) To star in a low budget movie that becomes a classic
5) To become less shallow
5.a) To learn how to count

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.