GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My 5 things and your 5 things"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/12/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
If you were to pick 5 things you want to achieve in your life that you have not yet done, what would they be and why?

Here’s my 5 in no particular order:

1.Climb Mount Everest: The reason I want to do this is because I want to feel the adrenalin pumping through my blood as I push myself to do one of the hardest feats I consider there to be for my body and mind. I have a picture of Everest showing the main paths taken by climbers and one day I want to be able to point to that picture and say “I went this way”

2.Go on a long-haul flight: This might seem like nothing much to most but for me this would be a real achievement because it is physically impossible for me to do at the moment. I’d love to visit somewhere like Australia or Canada, but at the moment it’s something I can only dream about.

3.Tell someone I love them and mean it: I think I was born incapable of loving anyone! I’m a strange sort of person, I don’t get heartbroken when someone close to me dies, I just miss their presence, but that’s nowhere near the same thing. I wouldn’t exactly be a wreck if I was told I could never see my family again, because I barely speak to them as it is, and I hate to say it, but it feels like I barely know them.

4.Not have kids: Another slightly odd one but I have my reasons. I don’t like this world we live in one little bit so I would never even consider bringing a child into it. Besides, most people I know that have kids have them for entirely selfish reasons, really its like that for a lot of people these days, as it isn’t necessary for most of us to reproduce, after all the point of kids is to continue the survival of the species, but the world is overpopulated as it is, and I really don’t want to add to that.

5.Manage a full week in Uni: Another seemingly easy one, but have yet to go an entire week in playschool/primary school/secondary school/Uni without missing something. I’ve sworn myself to doing a full week when I go back in February and it will be a huge achievement for me if I succeed.

Your turn....
Sun 04/01/04 at 07:55
Regular
"Monochromatic"
1.get my heart back it seems to have disappeared lately
2.get married
3.have kids
4.get a job i want
5.keep all of the above
Sat 03/01/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Yep, he did, had 15 starts on the trot in the '98-'99 season I think it was.
Sat 03/01/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm 18 in May and still have a little bit of hope. It will be really difficult with the amount of Foreigners playing in the English game now and not many scouts around where I live.

Not sure that I'm good enough for Division 1 and above, but maybe be good enough for Division 2.

Did your cousin manage to break into the first team at Wigan?
Fri 02/01/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Foreman wrote:
> Here are my top 5:
>
> 1) To become a footballer - I've always dreamed of playing football
> on the big stage, but it looks like it's too late to get spotted now.
> I absolutly love football and wouldn't mind if I was on a very low
> wage, as long as I was playing first team football.
>

How old are you? My cousin was signed up by Wigan Athletic when he was 23, he got homesick though and came back and plays for Shelbourne here now.
Fri 02/01/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Here are my top 5:

1) To become a footballer - I've always dreamed of playing football on the big stage, but it looks like it's too late to get spotted now. I absolutly love football and wouldn't mind if I was on a very low wage, as long as I was playing first team football.

2) Get a car and enough money to do it up - I'll probably be taking my driving lessons this year and hopefully pass. I'd love to get a decent car with enough money to add spoilers and things to it.

3) Settle down with girl - I've had a few girlfriends, but no of them that I would settle down with. I'd love to meet the right one and settle down with them in my twenties and perhaps have 2-3 kids.

4) Parachuting - It's something I've always been interested in doing.

5) Be in a situation like Die Hard - I love films like these and wouldn't mind being in the same situation. You'd be scared while you'll in it, but it would be great fun at the same time.
Fri 02/01/04 at 16:28
"Mimmargh!"
The following are five dreams that shall never be accomplished:

1)Destroy Babylon
2)Become Krang from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the originals)
3)Get girlfriend
4)Get killed in freak accident involving nuclear weapons test
5)Kill myself after realising that the above shall never happen
Thu 01/01/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
1) Travel The World. Yes, it is a large thing to fulfill, but I would like to do it, preferably while still youngish. (20+). It would be interesting to experience new cultures, meet new people, try new foods etc. Also I would like to expand my mind and get away from Western narrowmindedness.

2) Cruise. On a Harley Davidson/Dodge Viper. On a long long straight road, preferably in Canada. (Born there and less likely to get shot by trigger happy Yanks)

I'm mentally exhausted. (Doesn't take much does it?)

I'll do more later.
Thu 01/01/04 at 17:23
Regular
"Light of the world"
These are in no particular order

1) Marry and have an amazing and fulfilling life with the one I love

2) To produce a family with 1) and bring them up to think for themselves and be amazing individuals

3) Strengthen and follow my faith - I would love to work helping people in some way (I just dont know what that is)

4) To be in a movie and be nominated for best actor/female actress... :)

5) To travel and explore the rest of the world, this includes finely tuning my spanish to a fluent excellence. I have always wanted to go to canada - definatly to visit and explore Austria for myself.
Wed 31/12/03 at 14:25
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> 3. If ever I decided to go-ahead and learn a Martial Art, I would
> only feel right doing it "the right way". And, to me, that
> would mean going to Japan, living like they do, practising and
> studying like they do; basically, spending the best-part of a year
> there, learning something in a true `Karate Kid´/Ryo
> Hazuki-way.

cheers for reminding me!

I change mine from 'becoming a great martial artist' to 'training in kung fu with the shaolin monks'.
Wed 31/12/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
5 things that I would like to have done in my Life (in no specific order)...

1. See the Pyramids. Travel to Egypt, experience it all first-hand, and... basically, get around to see many of the world's "wonders" (including the Great Wall of China). I really want to travel.

2. Australia. Not neccesarily because of the place or weather or anything, but because my only-ever "best-friend" moved there several years ago, and no-one's really heard from him since. I want to know what's happened. I want to see what he's been upto. "A good-friend is always a friend."

3. If ever I decided to go-ahead and learn a Martial Art, I would only feel right doing it "the right way". And, to me, that would mean going to Japan, living like they do, practising and studying like they do; basically, spending the best-part of a year there, learning something in a true `Karate Kid´/Ryo Hazuki-way.

4. Now, I would say to become a proffesional footballer... But, to me, everything's going downhill, and it ain't gonna change. By the time I got there, everything and EVERYONE would be about `Money´ - and I couldn't work like that. I'd make a stand for myelf, and all - telling clubs with their multi-million-pound offers to shove-it; swapping-shirts with a prima-dona only to then wipe my backside with it and throw it back in his face... But would it really make that much of a difference?

5. And I, too, would like to have a familly, at some stage. Maybe only 1-or-2 kids - but I simply HAVE to have someone to share my life with. Someone I can always talk to; someone who will always listen; we'll be there for each-other... Someone I could "Love".

If I could do these things (and, perhaps, a few more...), then I'd be "Happy" with the way I've lived my life, come my days isolated in an old people's home... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.