GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ok OK something has to be done..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/12/03 at 02:38
Regular
"Notable"
"Smoking Kills" and "Tobacco seriously damages your health" AINT ENOUGH!!!

Even my parents look so brain washed and blindingly see their own words as the "truth";

"I AINT DOIN ANYTHIN WRONG AND IM NOT STOPPING JUS FOR YOU OR NOONE"

Ok ok, im not neglected by my parents but they still dont see the obvious justice in all this.
Do any smokers of you actually think you are doing wrong or dont care?

I think the warning signs arent enough. It should read, "your son is dying because of you", "Baby Timmy inside you is suffering from maternal deficientcies because of that fag".

And if cigarette sales dont drop then?!

"you stink of shít"

"theres a big cancer in you killing everyone, its your selfishness you príck"

Yes indeed my hatred for them goes over the top and in doing so, have no doubt offended some smokers. I apologise to you who are addicted, and its not your fault blah. Buts its one of the few you will get from me.

As if we desperately need the income from the sales of smoking. In a snap of a finger we could loan money from the U.S. if we are that skint which we arent. Look at the undeveloped Africa and Asian countries. Phffft, Stupid selfish government

We are this rich why not be a little richer by killing of our own people in the process.

Yes, yes free will is an issues to. I'm old enough to smoke and understand the risks. But you are harming others. And before you hit me with the "if you dont like it get out" statement, haven't you got any compassion or respect to others?

Obviously I've exaggerated an awful lot and brought personally issues into the equation. Before you agree/disagree or even go mad and hunt me down, remember I am entitled to my opinion no matter how much you hate it:

Is there anyone else who really hates smoking? And to you that do smoke..

Coudn't you try to cut down once in a while?
Sat 27/12/03 at 18:58
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> The mighty words of someone I'm sure most of you are familiar with (if
> not, shame on you):
>
> "Non-smokers... I'd give up smoking if I didn't think I'd become
> one of you."

The Legendary Bill Hicks
Sat 27/12/03 at 22:35
Regular
"That's right!"
Good ol' Bill Hicks. Sadly, it's very easy to give your opinion and have people believe you. Ten minutes watching his stand up and people are all

"Yeah! Smoking should be allowed!"

"Why?"

"Because... because a guy who died from it said so ten years ago!"

The guy's funny, but people are stupid.
Sun 28/12/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I smoke.
I love it.
Shut your whiny, tofu eating pasty faces.
"It's bad for you" So what? The day I care is the day I'll stop. And you try coming up to me in a public place and asking me to put it out. Oh I'll put it out alright, and you'll be wearing an eyepatch for a month.

Go pick on alcoholics, they cause more deaths to others than smokers.
So, in conclusion?
Shut. Your. Mouth.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:03
Regular
"That's right!"
I know sugar is bad for my teeth, I still pour it on me Shreddies. I know burgers aren't good for me, I still eat them. I know alcohol is, in reality, a poison, I still drink it.

Nobody runs up to me and shouts at me for doing any of these. Granted, putting too much sugar on my Shreddies doesn't harm innocent people, but still...
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Here's why I smoke but don't drink:

Smoking 11 cigarettes in an evening will not turn me into a loudmouth, aggressive boorish moron that staggers home and pukes.

No matter how many I have in a night, I'm still perfectly 100% able to drive home afterwards with absolutely zero impairment and cannot kill somebody due to delayed reactions.

Nobody can slip rohypnol into my cigarette and rape me, leaving me with zero recollection of events.

There are others, but it's too boring to continue to point out (and here's the wacky concept for you health-nazis) why *I personally* think alcohol should be banned.
It causes aggression, encourages violence and, go do your research (this is to the original toehead that created this topic) costs the NHS far more to treat than smoking.
There's no Cigarettes Anonymous where users congregate to cry about losing their homes/cars/families through nicotine addiction etc etc.

This is an idiot topic, a stale argument and the deliberately inflammatory remarks by the original poster are exactly why I'll continue to smoke:
To spite assclowns like you.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:18
Regular
"That's right!"
Goatboy wrote:
> It causes aggression, encourages violence and, go do your research
> (this is to the original toehead that created this topic) costs the
> NHS far more to treat than smoking.

-----------

Depends who's drinking it. Alcohol doesn't make me violent in the slightest (I'm far too much of a coward for that) The wrong person behind the wheel of a car can be dangerous, but they still let anyone who can pass the test have one. If people can smoke, people can drink.

"Nobody can slip rohypnol into my cigarette and rape me, leaving me with zero recollection of events."

I'm working on it, give me six weeks and you'll be mine.
Sun 28/12/03 at 19:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
>>
> "Nobody can slip rohypnol into my cigarette and rape me, leaving
> me with zero recollection of events."

That could happen to any drink, doesn't need to be alcohol.

I
Sun 28/12/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Notable"
Goatboy wrote:
> I smoke.
> I love it.

Your Gay then

> Shut your whiny, tofu eating pasty faces.

Nope

>And you try coming up to me in a public place and asking me to
put it out. Oh I'll put it out alright, and you'll be wearing an
eyepatch for a month.

Your not hard and if i knew were you'd be I'd love to see you do it.
Die of cancer in peace please
Mon 29/12/03 at 10:41
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Jesus...did the board get invaded by the Teen Prig Society over Xmas?!

Tell you what; jumped up little children such as yourself making grand proclamations on subjects which they are, at best, ill informed, really REALLY sends my blood pressure skyrocketing. So I would say you do my health as much damage as secondary smoke. And I'd rather put up with the smoke to talk to someone whom I may get on with, than have to be forcibly restrained in the company of someone with the sense of humour of dry rot. In other words, I'd rather make smoking compulsory than agree with you.

Christ...reading posts by people like you makes me see just how the Revolutions in the Far East all went wrong; giving overly zealous and poorly educated kids guns and telling them to 'spread the word of the revolution' is a recipe for disaster on this evidence...
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
The wrong person
> behind the wheel of a car can be dangerous, but they still let anyone
> who can pass the test have one. If people can smoke, people can
> drink.

True.
However, it is absolute fact that alcohol impairs reaction times. Even a pint alters the synapses, which is why there is a limit and why even a pint can alter somebody that doesn't drink very often/is shorter/lighter than somebody that drinks regularly.
I'm not going to get into the moral debate about drink-driving with you again, I said all I wanted to the last time.
But c'mon mate, you cannot refute that alcohol affects your motor skills and doesn't mix with driving.
Whereas there is no limit to the amount of cigarettes I can smoke and still be 100% sober with zero functional difficulties.
This is why there is no limit on smoke-driving.

I'm not arguing the rights and wrongs of drink-driving - I'm simply saying that somebody behind the wheel that has sunk 15 pints is a damn sight more dangerous that somebody that has smoked 15 cigarettes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.