GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ok OK something has to be done..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/12/03 at 02:38
Regular
"Notable"
"Smoking Kills" and "Tobacco seriously damages your health" AINT ENOUGH!!!

Even my parents look so brain washed and blindingly see their own words as the "truth";

"I AINT DOIN ANYTHIN WRONG AND IM NOT STOPPING JUS FOR YOU OR NOONE"

Ok ok, im not neglected by my parents but they still dont see the obvious justice in all this.
Do any smokers of you actually think you are doing wrong or dont care?

I think the warning signs arent enough. It should read, "your son is dying because of you", "Baby Timmy inside you is suffering from maternal deficientcies because of that fag".

And if cigarette sales dont drop then?!

"you stink of shít"

"theres a big cancer in you killing everyone, its your selfishness you príck"

Yes indeed my hatred for them goes over the top and in doing so, have no doubt offended some smokers. I apologise to you who are addicted, and its not your fault blah. Buts its one of the few you will get from me.

As if we desperately need the income from the sales of smoking. In a snap of a finger we could loan money from the U.S. if we are that skint which we arent. Look at the undeveloped Africa and Asian countries. Phffft, Stupid selfish government

We are this rich why not be a little richer by killing of our own people in the process.

Yes, yes free will is an issues to. I'm old enough to smoke and understand the risks. But you are harming others. And before you hit me with the "if you dont like it get out" statement, haven't you got any compassion or respect to others?

Obviously I've exaggerated an awful lot and brought personally issues into the equation. Before you agree/disagree or even go mad and hunt me down, remember I am entitled to my opinion no matter how much you hate it:

Is there anyone else who really hates smoking? And to you that do smoke..

Coudn't you try to cut down once in a while?
Wed 31/12/03 at 19:46
"possibly impossible"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> can't you just let this topic die? it's as popular as hemmorhoids.

We'll have piles of topics on that now... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Yes, alcohol can be detrimental to your system and your judgement. Should it be banned? Not really, small amounts of alcohol can be very good for people, especially men. Red Wine in particular prevents a fair few modern disorders, but only when taken in moderation.

In fact, smoking in moderation could possibly be good for you in some respects (Altzimers is one that springs to mind). Cigarettes are getting more expensive each year and the government makes a fair few pounds on smokers already, so they would be reluctant to ban them anyway.

Yes, there are issues with passive smoking in clubs and confined places, but most restaurants have already had corners sectioned off and even pubs are getting in on the act. It only really came to light with Roy Castle though, because someone famous got lung cancer after playing in a club for all those years it was suddenly on every businesses agenda.

Now, I don't smoke, but I don't see the point in banning something completely if others enjoy it. It does need to be controlled to protect children and those places where others could breathe in the 'second hand' smoke, but not in open spaces or, as some lobbyists once put forward, in people's homes. As long as there is enough education, and correct education at that, about the dangers of smoking (and drinking/other drugs for that matter) then what else can we do without infringing the public's rights?
Wed 31/12/03 at 19:19
Regular
can't you just let this topic die? it's as popular as hemmorhoids.

*lights up cig and blows smoke all over thread*
Wed 31/12/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Notable"
Goatboy wrote:
> Only when compared to you, but that's hardly an achievement.

No really it is, considering your past achievements; like lighting up.

I wont talk no more in case my eye gets stubbed by some smoking díckhéád.
Wed 31/12/03 at 04:00
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
Smoking and drinking Alcohol are bad. Neither should be encouraged, and the latter certainly shouldn't be undertaken.

This has been engraved into time long before any of us started thinking about it.

Enuff said.

(PS, what if neither had existed, and the human race couldn't come up with any other alternatives for them?)
Tue 30/12/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Well I'm really surprised as to how this thread turned out.
Tue 30/12/03 at 23:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jú§t Tinká wrote:
> hee-hee.
>
> Your soooo superior
----

Only when compared to you, but that's hardly an achievement.
Mon 29/12/03 at 16:19
Regular
"That's right!"
"But c'mon mate, you cannot refute that alcohol affects your motor skills and doesn't mix with driving."

Well, not MY motor skills, I don't drive, but I know what you mean, I'm just being awkward. However, you can't complain about alcohol on the sole basis of drink drivers. I know it's not your ONLY point, and yes, it happens, but not every night out for a group of people ends in someone driving home and killing somebody.

I'm more bothered about the morons who can't handle their drink and get incredibly violent and abusive towards other people, even their own mates. Alcohol, in my view, just heightens a person's character traits. If they're a dick, beer makes them an uber dick. I've been ashamed to be living on the same planet as some of the people I've seen out.

Wait, what am I arguing about? Nevermind.

Beer = good.

Beer + morons = bad.
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Notable"
Jú§t Tinká wrote:

> Even my parents look so brain washed and blindingly see their own
> words as the "truth";
>
> "I AINT DOIN ANYTHIN WRONG AND IM NOT STOPPING JUS FOR YOU OR
> NOONE"

I guess its everyone then....
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:28
Regular
"Notable"
hee-hee.

Your soooo superior
Mon 29/12/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jú§t Tinká wrote:
> Your Gay then

"you're", not "your".
That implies I own a pet homosexual that I force to smoke.
A bit like a bennified lab-beagle.
Perhaps if you smoked instead of huffing glue, you'd have a broader grasp of sentence construction?

> Your not hard and if i knew were you'd be I'd love to see you do it.
> Die of cancer in peace please

"You're", not "your".
However, I've already corrected "you're" stunning stupidity in grammatical ability.
And as for your suggestion of fisticuffs, it's quite enough to point out "you're" flailing attempts at a comeback.

My one hope is that you get bully-rammed by 12 hardened smokers that violate "you're" peachdrain with a lighter and leave you sobbing like the ill-educated screaming webmong you wish to be.

Thanks, call again!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.