GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Breaking and Entering?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/12/03 at 23:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Basically what started my thoughts on this was what happened early this morning.
Some mong attempted to break into my house at about 5am, lucky enough I wasn't sleeping to great at the time and heard a noise from outside then spotted the torch light from my bed through the blind and decided to have a look, few seconds later I heard a smash.

Ran downstairs quickly and found the back door window smashed but nobody to be seen. Police were called etc.

But after some much needed sleep this afternoon I had more thoughts on it all, annoys me to think that there are people out there who would break in to steal from folk especially so near to christmas. But thats life these days I guess.

But the real issue is what if they had got in. Remember the farmer guy Tony Martin or something along those lines. The guy who shot and killed the intruder and injured another. I had always thought that what he did was right but he went too far by shooting them.

If someone came into my house then I would guess they are there to steal or to do some other criminal activity (God they could kill you in your sleep, rape your sister etc etc)
I would do all I could to prevent them from doing anything. I'm sure by law you are allowed to use a certain amount of force and also to act in self defence. But what I can't grasp is how when someone breaks into your home and you use force to catch them or get them out then in courts you seem to become the guilty party. It just baffles me that they have gone out of there way, fully knowing what they are doing, to break into your house and then to take part in some crime and the owner (most likely acting on adrenaline, fear, anger) would then do what first comes to their head to protect their family.

Well I guess we were lucky in that they didn't come in and nothing really serious happened.

Just wondered what other peoples views on it where, what would you do if you heard someone entering your house at night?
Just how much force can you get away with?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 04/01/04 at 03:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
my house my rules.if you break into my house ill deal with you how i see fit.if i feel threatened god help you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.