GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General RPG Thread (Meant to be PS3, b4 Emmie got his mitts all over it)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/07/09 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Some good news for RPG fans who went with the PS3 like myself.

Dragon Age: Origins released Europe on Oct 23 Info
Its more an action/adventure/RPG of the Fable nature from the looks. But you have multiple playing paths which is always good for playability.

White Knight Chronicles released Nov '09 Q&A
More Final Fantasy style'd then DA:O and apparently with great online capabilites so..... much awaited.

Demon's Souls released Oct 6th Info
More action/RPG again but hey, we can't afford to be picky. Game footage looks ok, and previews seems decent. The online aspect seems good, allowing users to pop in and help youat any time if you wish, but this quote troubles me "but we were told that at a certain point in the game--once you've received a particular stone--you can force your way into another player's game and vice versa."

There is also some more info on.....

Final Fantasy 13!!!! Release Date Early 2010
Seems to have a lot more information than when I last looked on the Wiki Page

UPDATE 20/08
Here
A new Tri-Ace game, for PS3! Fans of Lost Odyssey rejoice!

Couple of interesting point here too [LINKhttp://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/042209a.html]Linky[/LINK]
Page:
Tue 28/07/09 at 10:37
Regular
"THFC"
Your actually making me get excited about Final Fantasy again!

Thank you! Chocobos would be amazing! i really enjoyed them.

Do you know if it is a level up basis, or is it going to be more like a board. I did like the sphere grid because you could make anyone what you wanted. So Tidus could have been a mage if you wanted to.
Tue 28/07/09 at 09:52
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha I almost did the same with the FFX boss. But I came back like a year later to do him.

Basically I go around complete the game to 99.9% (leavin the final boss) and then get bored. The final boss is not a challange compared to the hidden bosses so why bother?

The sub game in FF13 they are keeping under wraps at the moment. Due to the popularity of Blitzball I am certain that a sports game will return. However based on FF12 which had NO sidegame................

There are some sections that are rumouring (Strongly) a return of chocobo breeding and racing too................joy.

And to answer your earlier question, I don't think Lightning use Gunblades, but actaully wields both a sword and a gun. Not sure though, pictures look like both so... :S
Tue 28/07/09 at 08:00
Regular
"THFC"
totally agree, FF7 was my first Playstation game and i spent 11 hours going through it to then have my memory card mess up. Gutted! But went through it another 3 times in total, average about 40-50 hours per play through lol. Oh and i loved the golden saucer and chocobos.

FF8 i played the first 2 hours like 4 times due to crashes or going on holiday or getting a new game. So going to Ifrit's Cave again would be too painful lol, but i did go through about 20 hours once and it just didnt feel the same? Don't know why!

FF9 i loved and completed twice, it had a great card game and characters (Zidane, Steiner, Vivi are some of the best characters in RPG's) then it had a great story and lovely cut scene graphics........ i need to play this and 7 again lol.

FFX i really liked except i never beat the final boss, just never bothered for some reason (probably died a couple times lol) but it was great and blitzball was great!

Anyideas about the "minigame" in 13??
Mon 27/07/09 at 16:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha just done FF7 again on PSN. All chars 99, with 2 sets of master Materia :D Took a while (1 set from killing Emerald Weapon, 1 set from mastering all the types of Command, Magic, Summon Materia)

Basically got invincible. Final Attack (Master) + Phoenix (Master)
Simple :D

But yeah FF7 for sheer originality but I did enjoy the skill learning process in 9. 8 was overcomplicated, and I liked the amount of depth in 10. And the board system was awesome too.
Mon 27/07/09 at 16:03
Regular
"THFC"
No one can match Cloud Strike, she wields a gun blade like squall??

Well i am sure they know what they are doing but i would really love to see a FF like the old ones, 7 and 9 were my favourite, how about you Warhunt? I liked the way you learnt skills in 9 and Materia was awesome.

Think i recall having my Cloud with MP plus levelled to full (1000MP) then Quad Magic linked with Knights of the Round, then using Mimic with others. It dealt massive damage!
Mon 27/07/09 at 15:31
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Apparently you do.

You play as Lightning I think. And she appears female but in a cool grunge way from what I can see. Gone are the days of wanting to smack your main char in the head for being randomly annoying (Tidus) or just frustrating (Squall).

The crew is again quite varied, and I think they have limited the number to 5 or 6.

It appears though that Lightning may not be a "Main Character" as we know though. The game focuses around the l'Cie more than a single char so.....who knows.

Lightning
A former soldier of the Cocoon military. Lightning has long strawberry-blonde hair and is 175 cm tall (5'9"). For her design, character designer Tetsuya Nomura was asked to create a "female version of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII". During development, he described her as "not very feminine".

Lightning wields a combination of a gun and a sword and can also manipulate gravity with a device on her thumb.

In battle, she is agile and uses much more acrobatic moves than the rest of currently revealed cast. She can also summon the Eidolon Odin to fight by her side in battle. Her Japanese voice actress is Maaya Sakamoto.
Mon 27/07/09 at 13:31
Regular
"THFC"
lol - well it seems you are pretty up to date with the FF13 facts, do you know if you play as a woman? (not being sexist but i have something that niggles me about being a female as a lead character in RPGs lol)
Mon 27/07/09 at 12:49
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Actually we were not derailing 'cos its my thread about RPG's to be released on the PS3 so....... the hell only knows what I was thinking :S

Ha ha Back to the discussion! .....not sure what to discuss now :(
Mon 27/07/09 at 11:21
Regular
"THFC"
True - well thanks for the info. I will take a look on wiki soon i reckon.
Mon 27/07/09 at 11:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
They are not RE's Emmie. The enemies play out exactly as they did in FF12 (on screen running around) but as you approach the game phases into battle mode.

Battles are also turn based again (sort of) where you stack moves into a list using Command Points (name?) and then unleash them into combo's!

The newest notes that have been released (I'm assuming at the latest E3) really gave a lot of info.

But we are derailing this thread now, so meh.....
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.