GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remember the "Open Forums""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/12/03 at 20:07
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I return to the site after a year or so away, to find that ordinary "General Chat" has taken over from beloved FOG Chat.

Blah.

Here's a competition (no prizes).

Q1. How many years out of date is this paragraph (below) and where did I get it from?

One new "Notable" is elected every three months, in respect of their contribution to making the Future of Gaming forum (in the Open Forums) a very special place.

Q2. What's an "Open Forum"?

Nice to see that things are kept so up to date.
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:49
Regular
I got really stroppy over quite a lot that happened. Oops. :)

I miss the gaming. I reckon we should have some sort of gaming league table and we all play some random game [like Soldat!!11] in teams and have points and a championship or something.

Well if anyone fancies a game of Soldat anytime I'm up for it, I love that game, and anyone can play it.
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:40
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Whoa, I thought Tony was far too important to visit us 'little people' these days :)

Notable elections started sometime in my first year at uni... so that message (taken from the top posters page) would have appeared sometime around spring 2001. Not far short of three years ago. I've been here far too long :)

I still remember all the complaints that a top posters page would encourage spamming. All those dozens of changes made in the early days. We can all now look back at all the predictions we made on their effects.

And then say "Pfft, who cares?"
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:21
Regular
Nah, they need a shop in Pembroke. Granted, it'd just be me, the sheep and the cows going to visit it, but I'm sure with the right marketing strategy you can get cows into gaming.
Fri 19/12/03 at 12:05
Regular
Hey Tony - how about opening a store in Cardiff - after all, its only across the bridge from Bristol store - wont make too much of a difference to delivery times :D
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
TONY!!

First notable election must be about May 2000 I'm guessing.

Open forum was lots of old forums dedicated to one game.
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I think that it's Snuggly AS Tony!

And where's Fate?
Fri 19/12/03 at 10:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> You need a shop in Glasgow.

Listen to the man. We'd all shop there. Uhuh.
Fri 19/12/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It's Tony! They let him out of jail!
>
> You need a shop in Glasgow. You know you do. Even Gamestation are
> moving in now.
>
> Oh and best named place in Britain has to be Sheepy Parva. Or Yett's
> O Muckhart.

Nah, Crinkley Bottom. Or Shitlingthorpe. Or Muffer. :P
Thu 18/12/03 at 22:13
Regular
DW wrote:
> Ashley wrote:
> oh my god, tony back. Er were did he go, and to think i accused mr
> Snuggly of killing him.......... come on everyone else was thinking
> the same...weren't you?...oh so it was just me then
>
> Oh my God, Ashley?
>
> Where have YOU been?

me and tony have been on a desert island, very romantic but no internet. Don't worry were back now......
Thu 18/12/03 at 22:12
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> oh my god, tony back. Er were did he go, and to think i accused mr
> Snuggly of killing him.......... come on everyone else was thinking
> the same...weren't you?...oh so it was just me then

Oh my God, Ashley?

Where have YOU been?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.