GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"English_Bloke!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/12/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Just a short quote from an email sent by the missus' nephew - I'm not trying to outdo you or anything, just thought you'd appreciate it ...

"Had me CASCO out the other night. Assistance call came up as we were about to go off duty, everyone piled down the High Street. Two officers wrestling a kid who was going mad because he had been slashed. Me and this WPC got the job of following the assailants, one armed with hammer the other a knife, down this alley because we were first on scene. Pitch black, adrenalin pumping, casco in hand. They had escaped over gardens already but if anything had moved in that darkness it was going to get it, believe me."

You can almost smell the fear!
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:30
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> Wouldn't they just get people with guns in if they had a report of a
> man waving a machete? They wouldn't send in unarmed police men would
> they:S

yeah, well I think that's my original point - tazers are good in theory, but in practise it'd be far more effective to use guns.

I mean - the only reason to use a tazer is because you cannot get close enough to the target to restrain him/her. if this is the case, the reason would usually be that they had a weapon of some description, or some other threat that prevents you approaching them.

so if that's the case, just wave a gun in their general direction and I'm pretty sure they'll drop whatever they have, unless it was a gun, in which case you'd be pretty stupid going against an armed man with a tazer. CS gas is also quite effective, and pepper spray, although EB says it isn't as effective as I thought. He'd have a better understanding of all this.

I just can't see the practicality of tazers though really. It seems to be just a gimmick.
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Cubist wrote:
> They wouldn't send in unarmed police men would they:S

Yes, but the armed police would also be called. Us "normal" police would just keep the person under observation.
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:24
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Wouldn't they just get people with guns in if they had a report of a man waving a machete? They wouldn't send in unarmed police men would they:S
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:16
Regular
yeah, but you're not going to care about that if the person is waving a machete at you.

a stun gun is ok, but in the above example, a tazer would allow you to safely pacify the suspect from a distance. I wouldn't want to be close enough to use a stun gun
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> no, that's a stun gun. tazers fire darts into the person from a
> distance. the darts have fine wires leading back to the tazer unit,
> and there is a button on it to apply current to the person. they can
> make most people black out, or be paralysed for a short time.

Yeh I know what a tazer is just couldn't remember the name Stun Gun for the other thing. I think stun guns ar better though. Apart from anything else the darts that go into you for tazers are murder to get out apparently.
Sat 20/12/03 at 15:10
Regular
Cubist wrote:
> What are those little tazer gun things without the hooks? You know the
> ones that you just turn on and there are two prongs that you just
> need to touch the person with to fry them. They are class.

no, that's a stun gun. tazers fire darts into the person from a distance. the darts have fine wires leading back to the tazer unit, and there is a button on it to apply current to the person. they can make most people black out, or be paralysed for a short time.
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
What are those little tazer gun things without the hooks? You know the ones that you just turn on and there are two prongs that you just need to touch the person with to fry them. They are class.

I wouldn't mind being a police officer however there are few things standing in my way -

1) Blatant immaturity that probably wont go away by time I'm 18 and a 1/2
2) Am only just doing Higher English and am expecting a B (if I'm lucky) and am doing Int 2 Maths next year. Pretty sure that makes me too stupid for the job
3)
"Fitness Test

Members of the Police Training Branch conduct the fitness test. It consists of a combination of press-ups (to exhaustion), sit-ups (timed 2 minutes), 100m sprint (timed) and a 1.5 mile timed run. Applicants will be assessed on effort and performance." That'll be bloody shining.

and

4)"It should be noted that the Chief Constable has the right to reject an applicant at any stage of the process without giving a reason." Son of a beehatch! Not very nice.

Anyway those are my 4 reasons why I couldn't join. Particular emphasis on Number 3 though. I'm not sure if this only applies to Scottish police or what but still.
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> you can't go wrong with pepper spray though, unless the wind is
> blowing in your direction.

There are more problems with it that I am not going to list on here where just anyone can read.

The Tazers are more effective then you may think, you don’t even need to fire them for them to have some effect. They are great in small areas where CS would not be practical and so on.
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:32
Regular
Tazers?

Officer : "Ok, now stand still while I fire these darts at you"
Criminal : "Nope, I'm going to run in a zig-zag way to avoid being hit"
*officer fires tazer darts, they miss*
Officer : "Ok, if you just want to stop running while I reel these darts back in ...."
Crim : "Nope"

or, if there are more than one assailant :

*Officer fires darts at crim 1*
*crim 2 beats the living crap out of officer*

they're good in theory, but in practise I don't think they'd be effective, that's why they haven't really took off in the USA.

you can't go wrong with pepper spray though, unless the wind is blowing in your direction.
Sat 20/12/03 at 14:25
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ohhh tazers now that would be fun too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.