GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Playstation sucks. It's true, it's true!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/03/01 at 16:59
Regular
The Playstation truly does suck, it's best game is time spliters and that isn't even as good as Goldeneye! And will the (expanshion pak) PS2.1 coming out it is a true mess up by sony. Mean while... As the X-box losses fans and gains price. There is only one console left to pick up the fallen fans. THE NINTENDO GAME CUBE! This tiny little peice will wipe clean the rest! It's true.., It's true.
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:44
Regular
Flying Pig wrote:
> Where did NIS get this rubbish from??!!

NIS wrote
"The
> Playstation has no good games"

Been there, done that bought
> the T-Shirt! Many people do feel that some of the initial PS2
> releases have been disappointing, however a few do stand out as
> being excellent games. You state that TimeSplitters is not as good
> as GoldenEye, but many people, myself included, would disagree with
> out there..... Everything that was good in GE has been put into TS
> and improved (with the exception of the proximity mines, which are
> rubbish!)

NIS wrote:
"people say 'let it have time' but
> did any other console have 'time'? N64, PSX, DC did they have 'time'
> I don't think so!"

Actually you're wrong. All the PSX had
> at launch, really, was Ridge Racer and Tekken - both perfect arcade
> conversions, but were they a true demonstration of the PSX's
> power??
As for the M64, as I recall there were on;y a handful of
> games and the only one of much merit was Mario 64. And, although
> many will disagree, didn't add much to the genre and was pretty
> boring after a while.

My final point concerns the price of the
> GC. Although there are rumours of a £150 price, this are
> rumours - not fact. There's a difference, but I'm not sure that ouy
> can spot that NIS. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo have not
> announced a price in the UK and until that happens all talk of price
> is merely conjecture.

Actually although i believe simon is being a little forth right i agree with what he said.

Mario Kart and Mario are still honored today and the Dreamcast had excellent launch titles.

Timespitters is like all shooters addictive but that loading time is so stupid and the lack of Auto aim makes it awkward to shoot people high up.

On the other hand it is very addictive made by Dr Doak and is so far the greatest PS2 game and as the back of the game said:

EDGE: "At last a game worth getting a PS2 for"
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:40
Regular
Simon your believe that Nintendo is the best and you don't sympathise with any other view.

I love Nintendo and I prefer the 64 to the Playstation but I can understand why people have a Playstation.

It is all on preference so by all means express your views on your favourite console but don't attack the opposition like you just did.

Simon think before you write
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:36
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I thought that Simon is Nintendo was talking about PSONE:(
Mon 19/03/01 at 19:31
Regular
Anotherloadacrap.
Mon 19/03/01 at 11:25
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Where did NIS get this rubbish from??!!

NIS wrote
"The Playstation has no good games"

Been there, done that bought the T-Shirt! Many people do feel that some of the initial PS2 releases have been disappointing, however a few do stand out as being excellent games. You state that TimeSplitters is not as good as GoldenEye, but many people, myself included, would disagree with out there..... Everything that was good in GE has been put into TS and improved (with the exception of the proximity mines, which are rubbish!)

NIS wrote:
"people say 'let it have time' but did any other console have 'time'? N64, PSX, DC did they have 'time' I don't think so!"

Actually you're wrong. All the PSX had at launch, really, was Ridge Racer and Tekken - both perfect arcade conversions, but were they a true demonstration of the PSX's power??
As for the M64, as I recall there were on;y a handful of games and the only one of much merit was Mario 64. And, although many will disagree, didn't add much to the genre and was pretty boring after a while.

My final point concerns the price of the GC. Although there are rumours of a £150 price, this are rumours - not fact. There's a difference, but I'm not sure that ouy can spot that NIS. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo have not announced a price in the UK and until that happens all talk of price is merely conjecture.
Mon 19/03/01 at 10:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Ant wrote:

>errrrrrr...no.

Poor er-no, you know If er-no was a God, we would be quite a blasphemous bunch....wouldn't you agree?!
Mon 19/03/01 at 10:19
Regular
Yeah, its called "the Blower". You can use it to force feed things to people, or if you cant get Anna Kournikova for the night i suppose you could use it to CENSORED!!!!!!! and that would be fun! :-)
Mon 19/03/01 at 10:15
Regular
"not dead"
New vacuum cleaner add-on announced?
Mon 19/03/01 at 09:38
Regular
Its one thing having your favourite console, its another trying to "force feed" that opinion down everyone else's throat like NIS is trying to do!
Sun 18/03/01 at 23:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Psychodelic_fish wrote:
> but you admit that you cabe biased at times, don't you???

don'y
> worry everyone can be biased at times

Yeah, but not like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.