GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Someone copied my review:("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yes it's true. I wrote a review for Lord of The Rings The Two Towers on Gamecube a while back and I recently found out someone else has stolen it. I posted it on SR, www.youngscot.org , www.amazon.co.uk and www.ciao.co.uk under the names of Stephen, Cubist and Streetvibes87. Unfortunately on Ciao someone accused me of copying it from this site -

http://www.reviewcentre.com/review28644.html

I told them all the sites I had posted it on and how someone had copied it from me there and they believed me but I still feel bad that someone copied me:( I put a lot of work into that review and don't want him/her getting credit...the b@$tard.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Teal'c"
That’s because ciao, licks balls.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
They did accuse me of copying on www.ciao.co.uk that's how the whole thing started as I had to prove I hadn't. Only to realise though that they had links to sites where it has been written without my permission. I ended up finding 6 sites! As I said when I only posted it myself on 4. It's so unfair when people plagarise especially to that extent.
Tue 16/12/03 at 01:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nobody has accused you of copying.
Tue 16/12/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I wouldn't mind if it was only a couple of people who'd done it so I could just say oh look it's just some random guy whos done it look I've posted it on these 4 sites but when it's been stolen by so many people that the original author gets accused of copying I get really annoyed. There is near enough no way of proving it is me on the internet. That's why I know have dated and copyrighted hard copies just so I have sord of physcial proof if nothing else. Grr I shouldn't have to do that:(
Mon 15/12/03 at 23:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cubist wrote:
> Far from it. I'm just really upset that
> something i put so much hard work into got simply stolen by a bunch
> of idiots.

Good grief, grow some nads man, deep down you really dont care, youve got a game for it and that was the goal anyway. These guys have stolen the review but it really doesnt matter.
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
**waves miniature flag, puts on "I Love NY" T-shirt and in an American accent says**

I want to help in the capturisation of these thieves of my literary works.
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:04
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If you're American...
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Is that the same as taking it as a breach of copyright laws and bombarding them with spiteful/hateful e-mails?
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Take it as a compliment, you moron.
Mon 15/12/03 at 22:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I'm a paranoid/obssessive kind of guy lol roflmao! :P:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.