GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Congratulations Zizu"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 14:12
Regular
"we escape....."
Well done Zidane another World Player of the Year award thoroughly deserved, Easily the best player in the world. well done to Henry and Ronaldo too but it harder being mere mortals against the God that is Zidane.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Laughingstock"
The grand old monk of football won again... I suppose he deserves it. Personally, I think Phil 'the devil' Neville should have won ;-|
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:14
Regular
Zidane won it by quite a large margin as well so there cant be any arguments really.
Mon 15/12/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Notable"
ronaldo and zizou will be in action tonight on bbc 3 in a charity "get rid of poverty" match

did anyone see the charity match with michael schumacer? Ronaldos goal.....link up with raul was brilliant
Tue 16/12/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Congratulations to Zinedine Zidane, again! :)

I'm glad Henry didn't win it. What we have in Thierry Henry, with the way so-much praise is constantly heaped upon him, is a new `David Beckham´ in the making. When I see Henry play, he doesn't just play with confidence... He plays like he "knows" he's better than everyone else, or something.

TV ad's; carrying Arsénal like a one-man team... You can see how easily all this must be going to his head, with the constant, non-stop media coverage and pressure England-based footballers get.

At least this'll bring him back down-to-Earth a little more, though.

He is an exceptional talent, and one does not deserve to go the Pop Idol-like ways of David Beckham.
Tue 16/12/03 at 13:48
"High polygon count"
Going to his head?

NOT!

He's the first person to divert the attention away from himself and give credit to the team, EVERY time he's interviewed.
Tue 16/12/03 at 14:20
Regular
um more to the point. Mr over rated roberto carlos got in the top ten again, how?
Tue 16/12/03 at 14:25
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> He's the first person to divert the attention away from himself and
> give credit to the team, EVERY time he's interviewed.

Because David Beckham doesn't do that either, does he.

No wait...

In fact, LOADS of players do it. It's pretty much standard practice. I've yet to hear an interviewee say "I carried the team today. If it weren't for me, we'd have lost five nil. But I passed, harrassed, dug in, picked the lads up and forced us into the game". You hear the manager say something like that, yeah, usually when he's disappointed with the team performance, but the players always credit the team.
Tue 16/12/03 at 15:15
Regular
you obviously missed peter beagrie on soccer AM. thought he was god's gift to the lower leagues.
Tue 16/12/03 at 15:29
"Darkness, always"
Never heard of the man.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:06
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Because David Beckham doesn't do that either, does he.

I didn't make any mention of Beckham or anyone else. I was referring solely to the comment that Henry "'knows' he's better than anyone else".

Yes, I am an Arsenal fan, but it's certainly not an image that I've ever associated with Henry.

But since you mention Beckham...

Henry strikes me as a quiet, reserved, rather shy guy who would rather have no-one make a fuss of him.

Hence he doesn't wear skirts, marry a pop star (I use the term very loosely) or otherwise do things which are pretty much guaranteed to draw the attention of the world's media.

On the pitch, what he does is often supremely worthy of media attention. Off the pitch, he does nothing to shout "look at me!" He shows none of the signs of being "the next David Beckham", and certainly doesn't need bringing back down to earth.

He is simply a supremely confident footballer... and with his skills, who wouldn't be?

And as for "carrying Arsenal"? Maybe, sometimes. But in case it escaped the notice of some, he hasn't scored for a while, and we're still up there.

But that's why top teams have "star strikers" is it not?

He certainly doesn't carry Arsenal any more than RvN carries United in their below-par performances.

And when he does carry them, he doesn't let the weight trip him over quite as often, either! ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.