GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Congratulations Zizu"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/12/03 at 14:12
Regular
"we escape....."
Well done Zidane another World Player of the Year award thoroughly deserved, Easily the best player in the world. well done to Henry and Ronaldo too but it harder being mere mortals against the God that is Zidane.
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:09
Regular
FIFA WORLD PLAYER: THE FACTS

No, not the one about Zinedine Zidane winning it for the third time. But the ones about a Newcastle United player being nominated, Zumdick voting, Sven being crazy and more...

1) Sven-Goran Eriksson cannot be trusted with the England team. He thinks Roberto 'I'll just hit this ball really hard into that wall' Carlos is the best player in the world today - going some way to explaining Emile Heskey's England career, at least.

2) The coach of Albania is called Baigel.

3) Bahamas boss Gary White believes Brad Friedel is a better footballer than Zinedine Zidane, Pavel Nedved and Ronaldo.

4) Canada manager Colin Miller is a ManYoo fan. His top three? 1) Zidane, 2) Ruud van Nistelrooy, 3) Paul Scholes.

5) Chinese Taipei does not have television. How else can we explain a triumvirate of Michael Owen, Monaco striker Dado Prso and Japanese, erm, sensation Takamatsu Daiki?

6) The coach of Ghana is called Ralf Zumdick. He also has an odd fetish for Bochum midfielder Paul Freier (only Zidane is better, apparently).

7) Mexican defender Rafael Marquez is the third best player in the world. We learn this from Guatemalan coach Victor Manuel Aguado Macuido - who has more names than sense.

8) Being forced out of Real Madrid and on loan to French club Monaco has not stopped Fernando Morientes being really, really big in India. Best player of 2003, apparently.

9) One Newcastle United player made the list. No, not tough Irish defender Andy O'Brien, but Fijian striker Esala Masi - rated by Solomon Islands manager Matai Vave as the third best player in the world (that's Newcastle United in Australia of course),

10) Werner F Bickelhaupt. We want to move to Swaziland.

(from football365.com possibly the best footy site ever)
Tue 16/12/03 at 17:08
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Never heard of the man.

Never heard of peter beagrie? he is as old school as the british league can be
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:42
"Darkness, always"
No sometimes there is nothing to blame but "hard air".
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> No, but he drags it behind him and gets in the way of Pires often
> enough.

True, but he doesen't do it all the time.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:16
"Darkness, always"
No, but he drags it behind him and gets in the way of Pires often enough.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:06
"High polygon count"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Because David Beckham doesn't do that either, does he.

I didn't make any mention of Beckham or anyone else. I was referring solely to the comment that Henry "'knows' he's better than anyone else".

Yes, I am an Arsenal fan, but it's certainly not an image that I've ever associated with Henry.

But since you mention Beckham...

Henry strikes me as a quiet, reserved, rather shy guy who would rather have no-one make a fuss of him.

Hence he doesn't wear skirts, marry a pop star (I use the term very loosely) or otherwise do things which are pretty much guaranteed to draw the attention of the world's media.

On the pitch, what he does is often supremely worthy of media attention. Off the pitch, he does nothing to shout "look at me!" He shows none of the signs of being "the next David Beckham", and certainly doesn't need bringing back down to earth.

He is simply a supremely confident footballer... and with his skills, who wouldn't be?

And as for "carrying Arsenal"? Maybe, sometimes. But in case it escaped the notice of some, he hasn't scored for a while, and we're still up there.

But that's why top teams have "star strikers" is it not?

He certainly doesn't carry Arsenal any more than RvN carries United in their below-par performances.

And when he does carry them, he doesn't let the weight trip him over quite as often, either! ;-)
Tue 16/12/03 at 15:29
"Darkness, always"
Never heard of the man.
Tue 16/12/03 at 15:15
Regular
you obviously missed peter beagrie on soccer AM. thought he was god's gift to the lower leagues.
Tue 16/12/03 at 14:25
"Darkness, always"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> He's the first person to divert the attention away from himself and
> give credit to the team, EVERY time he's interviewed.

Because David Beckham doesn't do that either, does he.

No wait...

In fact, LOADS of players do it. It's pretty much standard practice. I've yet to hear an interviewee say "I carried the team today. If it weren't for me, we'd have lost five nil. But I passed, harrassed, dug in, picked the lads up and forced us into the game". You hear the manager say something like that, yeah, usually when he's disappointed with the team performance, but the players always credit the team.
Tue 16/12/03 at 14:20
Regular
um more to the point. Mr over rated roberto carlos got in the top ten again, how?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.