GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Room 101"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ok, I’m bored. So here’s a question.

If you could banish things to room 101, what would they be and why?

Here are a few of my choices.

People that swear randomly throughout their sentences for no apparent reason: I’m not talking about people who genuinely suffer from tourettes (sp?), but just people who swear out of habit or to appear “cool”.

Linda Barker: Do I really need to elaborate on this one? Yes? Ok. Advertises everything at the moment. Her voices just grates on me in such a way as to make me want to poke the nearest person very hard in the eye.

Bo Selecta: It’s a pity, I find Avid what’s-his-face to be mildly amusing in short doses, when he is being interviewed or something like that, but I find this show to be absolute mindless pap.

The average motorist: You know the ones; they either don’t look where they are going and just mindlessly bumble along, or else they speed, take risks and sit so close to my back bumper that I almost consider it to be foreplay.

More later.
Sun 14/12/03 at 19:48
Regular
"\\"
Consience - It would just be so nice to finally kill someone without your consience hacking away at you mind... no? hmph.
Sun 14/12/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Know-it-alls

The one type of person in this world that I truly cannot stand to be in the same room as.
Sun 14/12/03 at 20:58
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
RoJ wrote:
> The general public.

How about a cull?

> The people that sell the "Big Issue".

Errr... yes... I'd rather have them starve...

My list:

1) American foreign policy. Training Osama and giving his men guns... Giving Saddam money and chemical weapons...

2) Money wasting schemes - how can any civilised country pay millions to stage an olympic bid when we have homeless people on thr streets - it's a disgrace. And then there's the Dome and the disaster of Wembley.

3) Fat people - especially the ones that always sit next to you on the tube. Well, to be more general, tolerence for fat people... why are there sooo many?!

Sonic
Sun 14/12/03 at 23:30
Regular
"you've got a beard"
1) taxi drivers - you know the ones, they intimidate you by pulling up 2 inches away if you DARE not to let them out. they think they own the roads and theyre the most ungrateful bunch of ass-hats ever.

2) Jo Whiley.
if there was a device that could generate power from the smugness and self-satifaction this woman gives out, we could close all power stations and bask in the neon glow. of course then we'd have to hear about how it was all her idea and how she thought of it first.

3) mentally defective parents.
this people are top-draw entertainment, and completely pitiful at the same time. they trapse around the town centre with their hapless infants, who consistantly wander off in random directions.. which is fair play, it's what small kids do. what ISN'T fair is the reaction of their bleach-blonde, sovereign ringed, giant earringed mothers, who shout at the top of their irritating voices something similar to "OI Sharn-telle, get bak 'ere nah or r'll smack ya!" ok, firstly, they've just wandered off a little bit, hardly a smacking offence and easily avoided by... oh i don't know, HOLDING YOUR CHILDS HAND?!?!?!?! and secondly, they seem to think the kid understands. well, if they do then fair play, they're clearly prodigies and destined to escape the drudgery anyways.
people like this irritate the hell out of me because they're breeding the next generation of utter morons, the next slip on the short slide to total social breakdown.

to be fair, there's so many things i'd like to banish to room 101 there's just not the room to detail them all, but these 3 spring immediately to mind....
Mon 15/12/03 at 07:10
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> 2) Jo Whiley.
> if there was a device that could generate power from the smugness and
> self-satifaction this woman gives out, we could close all power
> stations and bask in the neon glow. of course then we'd have to hear
> about how it was all her idea and how she thought of it first.

Is this **the** Jo Whiley? Radio One DJ?

How can you possibly put her in Room 101. She keeps me entertained when there is no Xfm.
Mon 15/12/03 at 07:20
Regular
Ooh, let's see. Here's just a few:

1) Bus Drivers - How they always seem to sit at the bus stop, waiting for you to overtake, then pull out at the last minute, forcing you to slam the brakes.

2) Other drivers (including Taxis) - Seriously! The amount of nobs on our roads today is incredible? How the f... did they pass their tests???
Don't know what an indicator is; any motorway lane will do; cutting you up; having a chat on their mobile (yes, it still happens); no headlights at night; tailgating; driving too damn slow; dangerously overtaking; the list really could go on...

3) Yep, Townies annoy the hell out of me too. As well as the usual dress-up as described by Mystique, the townies in Leeds seem to have this fixation with wearing their hoods up all the time - on all three+ of their hoodies!

4) Smokers - If you ain't gonna stop, at least do it somewhere else as I don't want to join you in your early grave or regular hospital visits...

5) Stuck up, arrogant tw@ts - you know the ones, complain this, complain that, I get priority as I'm so obviously better than you. Why must you look down your nose at everyone? Nobody is better than me or you. Deal with it.

6) 95+% of the music out there today.

7) Posh & Becks - Please. Die. Now.

8) Linda Barker - See above comment.

Ok, more than a few, but I can assure you there are many more!
Mon 15/12/03 at 09:01
Regular
I wanna add smug, rich people.

Fair enough, you've made a fair bob, but still, take your money elsewhere and stop boasting about your new Merc.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Plate of glue"
1) The royal family - Question: How comes the queen and her family get to out rank everyone else? She can take over any piece of land she desires (I think). They can have anyone executed. Its not fair.

2) Polotics - Why don't we just have a few laws. Done. Polotics causes alot of war. Take the World War II. Hitler invaded Poland. That was polotics.

3)Property Programs- My Mum and Dad watch them consatanly. 1 or 2 a week is ok. But when you are watching them on a friday night after a weeks hard work. It just gets stupid!

I rest my case
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:16
Regular
"cachoo"
Victoria Beckham - She can't dance. Bad, bad video.

Kelly Osbourne/Ozzy Osbourne song(Changes) - It's crap, out of tune and deserves to be thrown away.

Halifax adverts - His voice is annoying.

People putting Christmas trees up early - Early December is ok, mid-November is not ok. Prats.

EBay users - who retract their things because they didn't get enough money for their item. >:(

Room 101 - That programme is annoying too.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ms NY wrote:
> Room 101 - That programme is annoying too.

Be gone from my sight.

*Points into distance*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.