GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Room 101"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ok, I’m bored. So here’s a question.

If you could banish things to room 101, what would they be and why?

Here are a few of my choices.

People that swear randomly throughout their sentences for no apparent reason: I’m not talking about people who genuinely suffer from tourettes (sp?), but just people who swear out of habit or to appear “cool”.

Linda Barker: Do I really need to elaborate on this one? Yes? Ok. Advertises everything at the moment. Her voices just grates on me in such a way as to make me want to poke the nearest person very hard in the eye.

Bo Selecta: It’s a pity, I find Avid what’s-his-face to be mildly amusing in short doses, when he is being interviewed or something like that, but I find this show to be absolute mindless pap.

The average motorist: You know the ones; they either don’t look where they are going and just mindlessly bumble along, or else they speed, take risks and sit so close to my back bumper that I almost consider it to be foreplay.

More later.
Tue 16/12/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Laughingstock"
-Excretment. Surely everybody could live without it.
-Proverbs. People quote them over and over again as if they are infallible truths that can't be questioned.
-The cover art on fantasy novels. You know the ones: those horrible utopian paintings with austere-looking heros and heroines.
-Wind & Rain in combination. One without the other is fine, but when they mix it together - bbrrrrr.
-DJs. Where's the talent? Where's the creativity? Stealing other people's music and taking the glory.
Tue 16/12/03 at 15:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
People who hit the button on pedestrian lights at 7.15 am when you are obviously the only vehicle on the road.
Tue 16/12/03 at 09:01
Regular
all radio presenters are self satisfied cretins.

with the obvious exceptions of Mark and Lard, John Peel and maybe Chris Moyles (although he can be irritating at times).

Jo Whiley is less irritating than the other two major radio station presenters on at the same time around here - Rock FM or Century 105
Tue 16/12/03 at 08:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
DW wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> 2) Jo Whiley.
> if there was a device that could generate power from the smugness
> and
> self-satifaction this woman gives out, we could close all power
> stations and bask in the neon glow. of course then we'd have to hear
> about how it was all her idea and how she thought of it first.
>
> Is this **the** Jo Whiley? Radio One DJ?
>
> How can you possibly put her in Room 101. She keeps me entertained
> when there is no Xfm.

i'm sorry but she HAS to go. and she can take her "hipper than thou" attitude too. she patronises listeners, CONSTANTLY does that "breath in through your teeth and pause for effect"- DJ trick and is just FAR too self-satisfied. finad another radio station.. ANY radio station and listen to that, you'll feel better :)

.. then turn back at 1 for mark & lard ;)
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
People singing along to songs.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:27
Regular
"cachoo"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Ms NY wrote:
> Room 101 - That programme is annoying too.
>
> Be gone from my sight.
>
> *Points into distance*

It's true though.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:26
Regular
CGJ wrote:
> 1) The royal family - Question: How comes the queen and her family get
> to out rank everyone else? She can take over any piece of land she
> desires (I think). They can have anyone executed. Its not fair.

"The Queen has just had her operation. Docs told her to rest."

What the hell has she been doing all these years then?!
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ms NY wrote:
> Room 101 - That programme is annoying too.

Be gone from my sight.

*Points into distance*
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:16
Regular
"cachoo"
Victoria Beckham - She can't dance. Bad, bad video.

Kelly Osbourne/Ozzy Osbourne song(Changes) - It's crap, out of tune and deserves to be thrown away.

Halifax adverts - His voice is annoying.

People putting Christmas trees up early - Early December is ok, mid-November is not ok. Prats.

EBay users - who retract their things because they didn't get enough money for their item. >:(

Room 101 - That programme is annoying too.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Plate of glue"
1) The royal family - Question: How comes the queen and her family get to out rank everyone else? She can take over any piece of land she desires (I think). They can have anyone executed. Its not fair.

2) Polotics - Why don't we just have a few laws. Done. Polotics causes alot of war. Take the World War II. Hitler invaded Poland. That was polotics.

3)Property Programs- My Mum and Dad watch them consatanly. 1 or 2 a week is ok. But when you are watching them on a friday night after a weeks hard work. It just gets stupid!

I rest my case

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.