GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saddam has just been arrested in Tikrit?!?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/12/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Apparently so. Both Bush and Blair are comfirming it but I only just heard the news so I don't know any of the details. If you have any further news or any thoughts on the subject please post them here, thanks.
Mon 15/12/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Urusei Yatsura wrote:
> Anti-War = We Love Saddam Brigade
>
> :P Merry Christmas, nice to know from a quick look around that my
> influence lives on...
----

Shut up, stop watching cartoons and make some friends that aren't
(a) Younger than you and also love cartoons
(b) Stupid so they listen to your ignorant, retarded thoughts.

Merry Xmas Handshandy.
Mon 15/12/03 at 17:09
"Darkness, always"
unknown kernel wrote:
> named after some manga thing

*some manga thing*

[zsdfjofv acpsr4icarfhoif
"Darkness, always"
Urusei Yatsura wrote:
>
> influence lives on...

How dare you defile the name of the most awesome cartoon series ever with such stupidity.
Regular
"relocated"
Urusei Yatsura wrote:

I used to quite like a band called Urusei Yatsura, but they were named after some manga thing, like you I presume.
Mon 15/12/03 at 17:07
Regular
"relocated"
Skarra wrote:
> As i said, i'd rather be lied to and see a nation be
> free, that be told the truth and leave them to Saddam's will.

The way I look at it is this: our current system allows politicians to wield enormous power under the direction of the people. Supposedly the decisions taken by Blair are our wishes, filtered through him. (Anything else would surely be an elected dictatorship.) But we can only make sensible choices if we have the facts, and certainly not when we are told barefaced lies. We went to war over WMDs: that is what we were told time and again. When the government released its dossier, even I found myself thinking 'hmm, maybe this is more urgent than I thought, maybe we SHOULD do something': and that despite my long history of treating anything that politicians say with scepticism. That dossier turned to be utter, utter rubbish. Blair is either a liar or incompetent: either way he should resign.

It's not up to the government to decide what the people can be trusted to know, just so that the 'right' decision gets taken. If you give governments the right to lie over war, then where do draw the line? Gordon Brown allowed to make up fantastic economic statistics because a Tory government would reinstate fox-hunting?
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Urusei Yatsura wrote:
>
> influence lives on...

Erm...you're happy at being thought of as a childish moron? Cos that's the extent of your 'influence'. I'm with Blank on this one, but I'll add that you must have a truly empty life if you get stoked at being laughed at.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:57
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You sad, sad man Belldandy.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Anti-War = We Love Saddam Brigade

:P Merry Christmas, nice to know from a quick look around that my influence lives on...
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Goatboy wrote:
> I repeat:
> Anti-war does not mean pro-Saddam.
> If you think it does, then you are beyond thick.
> Nobody here, at any point, has ever supported Hussein.
> Opposed to the invasion, yes.
> You cannot stand there and realistically expect those with questions
> as to WMD, reasons offered for war etc to simply stop asking
> questions because a puppet dictator has been captured, shortly to be
> put on trial for crimes committed with our full consent and
> compliance.

Sums up what I've been trying to say on this subject to numerous people, both inside and out of these forums.
Mon 15/12/03 at 16:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I agree with Light, and points he's raised here have been raised previously by himself, myself and others on these forums. Bush would not have entered Iraq out of the goodness of his heart. There has to be something in it for him, or else why would he bother? Whichever way you look at it, we were lied to to cover up the selfish reasons for war, not to gain public support in order to perform a charitable act.

And don't forget, the US will play an extremely large part in whatever ends up as the ruling government/dictator/party/whatever in Iraq. And if/when they turn bad, and we want more of what they've got, this'll happen all over again.

My anger on this has turned into bemusement, that a) it has actually happened and been allowed to happen, and b) that there are some people around on the side of Bush. I can't put into words my astonishment at the whole year past.

And what makes matters even worse is that the whole Saddam trial/execution/celebrations of capturing will be strung out well into next year, a handy reminder for the US population of which box to tick on their forms.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.