GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iron Maiden"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 21:11
Regular
What a band.

The pioneer's of metal, Iron Maiden still never cease to amaze me, and I think their music will still be listened to for generations and beyond. Why? Because they f*****g rock.

Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Ace's High - I never seem to get bored of this band!

Anyway, Who's got "Dance of Death"?
Sat 13/12/03 at 10:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Nooo don't tell me the setlist.

I can't wait really, I'm even sad enough to have got a countdown on my desktop. I have no idea how I'm going to get home, getting a taxi seems like the easiest but probably most expensive way. Being as disorganised as I am trains are best avoided, espeically as I'd have to change trains at some stage. I'd end up in Glasgow if I wasn't careful.

Got to be at college the next day for 8:30, so I think I may just stay in bed for the first few periods :D
Sat 13/12/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
What timing =) Turbonutter and I went to see them in Earls Court last night, absolutely superb. Can post a setlist if you're interested, but I wont spoil it if you want a surprise ;) I was spwept around in the crowd for the first few tracks, but everything calmed down a bit after Bruce gave the guys at the front a bit of a ticking off when the crowd nearly collapsed twice just during Wildest dreams. I got back to a nice position just on the edge of the madness, 8 rows back or so, good view of the whole stage and could step in and out of the mad thrashing or slightly more sedate jumping.

Anyway, if you are going to see them, you'll love the show - they put a huge amount of energy in to live performances, and still don't miss a beat, truely great performances.

We had a fun time after the last trains back to my local station were cancelled, resulting in getting picked up from liverpool street at 2am and getting home at 3:40am. Started work on time this morning at 8:30...Argh. But, so worth it =)
Fri 12/12/03 at 22:12
Regular
I'd consider Iron Maiden as one of the the pioneers of metal music, Black Sabbath laid the foundations, 'Maiden topped it off and put some energy into it.
Fri 12/12/03 at 21:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Admittedly Black Sabbath defined metal. Although probably not in their first album. Iron Maiden added so much intelligence to the songwriting, some Sabbath songs had some great lyrics to them, Spiral Architects probably being the one that stands out most for me, but I reckon Maiden really built on that to much higher levels, with (epic) songs like Phantom Of The Opera, and more recently, Paschendale.

I'd choose Maiden over Sabbath any day to listen to, but Sabbath are still great. They'd make it in my top three bands anyway.
Fri 12/12/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
A great Band, yes.

But pioneers of metal, my ar$e! Everyone knows that Black Sabbath were the first heavy metal band, and they released their first LP 10 years before Maiden.
Fri 12/12/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hehe unlucky... I've only got my standing ticket for the NEC because I bought it off my friend a few weeks, he got pulled in with a bunch of other people and never really wanted to go, so he let me have it :D

Can't wait for Tuesday.
Fri 12/12/03 at 21:18
Regular
I was going to see them, They came to Nottingham Arena last week, but they'd sold out by the time i'd heard about it :(
Fri 12/12/03 at 21:16
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
you're completely right and yes I have. Are you going to see them/have seen them on this tour?
Fri 12/12/03 at 21:11
Regular
What a band.

The pioneer's of metal, Iron Maiden still never cease to amaze me, and I think their music will still be listened to for generations and beyond. Why? Because they f*****g rock.

Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Ace's High - I never seem to get bored of this band!

Anyway, Who's got "Dance of Death"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.