GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Iron Maiden"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 21:11
Regular
What a band.

The pioneer's of metal, Iron Maiden still never cease to amaze me, and I think their music will still be listened to for generations and beyond. Why? Because they f*****g rock.

Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Ace's High - I never seem to get bored of this band!

Anyway, Who's got "Dance of Death"?
Wed 17/12/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Rocked I have to say. I was maybe 20 feet from the speakers so I've now got a mass headache and my hearing's all muffled. Interestingly now as I type the keys seem to be making an annoying high pitched sound, well it sounds bloody odd anyway.
FFAF were pretty terrible, I couldn't understand what the singer was singing, and what's up with that drummers voice? Sounds like he'd got a sore throat, and that drum kit was the smallest kit I've ever seen*.
What happened was they sort of appeared on stage somehow (I don't know how, I was sitting talking facing the wrong way, although I think it's safe to assume they walked/ran on). They start playing [Cue small cheer from somewhere over to the right], everyone else gets up and has a look, most people are pretty bored by them with the exception of a small group in Marilyn Manson and Slipknot hoodies (luckily they seemed to disappear after FFAF). After the first song there's a tiny bit of applause, I think most of it through politeness, the singer says thanks. After second song, even less, after third song the singer thanks us all for putting up with them, which I thought was pretty cool really, he get's a few \m/'s.

So after a while they all go, lights come back on, I try talking to a few friends near me, and realise my hearing has completely vanished.
Conversation goes something like this:

Me: "They weren't too good then"
"WHAT?"
Me: "I SAID, THEY WEREN'T VERY GOOD"
"I CAN'T KIN HEAR ANYTHING!"
Me: "WHAT D'YA YOU SAY?"
etc

After a while of trying to shout at each other our hearing recovers enough to hold a conversation which passes the time while the fat bald people in black tidy up the stage and whatever else they do. Lights go off again, Oooooh, several people rush past me trying to get to the front, I'm happy where I am, and er, after that, er, I think they played some classical music of some form but I can't really remember to be honest, anyway, Maiden came on shortly afterwards [Cue large cheer from everyone], playing Wildest Dreams. Bruce's voice is virtually unhearable to start with but they cleared that up by the chorus.

The crowd were a mixed bunch really, you got some people who were headbanging with their hair getting in their eyes and blinding them, and singing along to every single word and now regretting it because they now have a sore throat and a wierd voice (ie. me), and other's who were just standing still, not really joining in. One girl next to me was really getting into it, she was jumping up and down the whole time, singing everything, double handed \m/'s the full time. My arms would have dropped off if I'd done that. There was a strange chap infront of me, he didn't do anything until Run To The Hills, whereupon he sang as loud as he could (read shouted), then played the solos out on his imaginary guitar while jumping up and down.

Got back about half 11, did acutally go to college at half 8 afterall (Mums eh?), but I was pretty much asleep all the way through my double physics lesson and when I was awake I had a bit of trouble actually understanding what anyone else was saying so I just came home after that (hey, it's nearly Christmas afterall :D).

Anyway, it utterly rocked.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget to mention the cheer as the FFAF banner was taken down. Admittedly it was a bit mean really, but even so...

*Ok, maybe not, but there was hardly anything on it.
Sat 13/12/03 at 23:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The beginning intro to Run to the Hills is fantastic, and it is a great song. I also quite like Number of the Beast, that song rocks, literally.
Sat 13/12/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Run to The Hills. Classic. Here are the lyrics...

White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery
He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for Cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good Indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

(repeat to end)
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Run to the hills, Run for your lifes!"

etc.

Ah, Maiden rock.
Sat 13/12/03 at 14:55
"I love yo... lamp."
They were in Glasgow last week. Were apparently brilliant although I never got a chance to see them. Blew up the sound system. Well, I thought it was time the SECC got a new one anyway...
Sat 13/12/03 at 12:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Birmingham, yup.

Ain't got a clue about the tickets though, my mate has just asked me and me going!
Sat 13/12/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Hehe, never expected a good performance from FFAF so I'm sure I won't be let down. So Cyclone, that means you're at the NEC doesn't it, if it's Tuesday?
Are you standing?
Sat 13/12/03 at 11:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ooowwww.

I forgot about the support band.

I was hoping it might be Mars Volta or Zwan

*dreams*
Sat 13/12/03 at 11:26
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Pfft luxuries like lie-ins =P

You'll love the show, but do join in the obligatory hurling of abuse at Funeral For a Friend, they honestly were awful.

"We wanna thank you guys for being so great to u-"
*ducks as a beer gets thrown at him*
"to us tonight, we realy appreci-"
"Get off the 'king stage!"
"we, really appreciate it"

Longest 45 minutes of my life.
Sat 13/12/03 at 11:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Going to see them on Tuesday.

WOOT!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.