GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champion's League Draw"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 11:33
"Darkness, always"
VfB Stuttgart v CHELSEA
Porto v MANCHESTER UNITED
Real Sociedad v Lyon
Celta Vigo v ARSENAL
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Sparta Prague v AC Milan
Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco

I think Chelsea have a very tricky tie with Stuttgart, as their attacking style of play will aid the way Stuttgart like to play. If they take a leaf from Utd's book, and play like we did the other night, they should get through OK.

Utd have a fairly light tie. I remember first time we met Porto a few years back, and the press (which was fervently anti-Utd at the time) billed it up as "The Match Utd Cannot Win", only for us to win the home leg 4-0 and hold them to a goalless draw in Portugal. Portuguese league football isn't too great, and I don't think Porto are as strong a side as they used to be.

Don't know enough about Celta Vigo to comment really.

Real Madrid have the booby tie though, and Munich could well have enough to upset the "galacticos".
Fri 12/12/03 at 19:31
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Celta Vigo are over priced, and I'm tempted to put £1 on them.

I remember when they knocked out Villa in the UEFA Cup, with McCarthy looking very talented and sharp
Fri 12/12/03 at 17:47
"High polygon count"
According to the odds for winning the competition in one of the papers yesterday, Porto were 33-1 and Celta Vigo were 40-1. Can't remember Stuttgart.

On paper, Arsenal have an easy game... but as someone has already pointed out, nothing is 'easy' for Arsenal in Europe. Well, except playing Italian teams away from home... ;-)
Fri 12/12/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bayrn vs Real? Come on Bayern!!!!

United have a good easy game against Porto- hope they don't have to face Real next, seeing that they always seem to beat United. In fact, none of the English teams have particularly hard ties, so we could see all three teams challenging.
Fri 12/12/03 at 13:50
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I'd love to see all the English teams get through, it can only do us excellent benefits as to our standing in European football.
Fri 12/12/03 at 13:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> VfB Stuttgart v CHELSEA

Most would wager on Chelsea here, but we've seen what Stuttgart are capable of at home, so maybe it isn't plain sailing for Chelsea. Tough match in Germany to begin.

> Porto v MANCHESTER UNITED

Pretty easy match for Man United. The Portugese Champions are hardly anything special, and this should be a walk in the park.

> Real Sociedad v Lyon

Probably the lowest rated match of the draw, as both aren't really big teams, so whoever goes through here will be very happy with their progress. And I think it'll have to be Lyon, as Sociedad are currently off-form.

> Celta Vigo v ARSENAL

Fairly easy tie for Arsenal. All they need to do is get a result in Spain and they're pretty much through. However, this is Arsenal in Europe we're talking about, so really, anything can happen.

> Bayern Munich v Real Madrid

Biggest match of the round. I think Real Madrid should win it as Bayern aren't the same team they were a couple of years back, but if Bayern get a good result at home, we could be in for a shock.

> Sparta Prague v AC Milan

Watched the draw live on Eurosport and the AC Milan reaction to this draw makes me want Sparta Prague to win here. Nobody else clapped and looked overly enthusiastic with their draw as Milan's idiot directors did, and I don't see why Milan did either - Sparta can be a strong side. And I hope they win.

> Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus

Should be a good match, but Juventus did win 7-0 while Deportivo lost 8-3 earlier in the campaign, suggesting an easy match for Juventus.

> Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco

Although not very big teams, this should be a good match. Monaco are on cracking form right now, and this should be a win for them, but if Lokomotiv can get a draw in the San Siro then they definitely can't be written off. Probably a Monaco win, however.
Fri 12/12/03 at 12:56
Regular
"" I like your Gun""
Insane Bartender wrote:
> VfB Stuttgart v CHELSEA
> Porto v MANCHESTER UNITED
> Real Sociedad v Lyon
> Celta Vigo v ARSENAL
> Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
> Sparta Prague v AC Milan
> Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
> Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco

Chelsea on paper should go through but Stuttgart are here for a reason as most of the teams are, they very strong sides. I still reckon Chelsea all play safe.
Man Utd should have confortable game against porto, somin like 2-0 at home maybe get beat 1 nil away, very unlikely though unless they fielded second string squad.
Real Sociedad arnt nothing special really and neither are lyon, either way on this one.
Arsenal are playing a team who in my eyes where lucky to get through therfore for them to cause an upset on Arsenal would be unlikely, unless arsenal play dire and go out on away goals or somin, sorry Andrelecht : (
As long as Bayern keep it tight and efficient throughout team not just at back German Efficeinecy will see them through by the `1 goal, however if Real Madrid play alot faster paced then they did against Juve last year, Bayene wont be able to step to them in full flow, its all down to if Reals big guns perform really.
Sparta are a much imrpoved side other previous campaigns but that wont be enough to beat a boring yet terribly dificlt side to beat AC. AC have good strikers aswell so if Prague get caught, theyll be punished.
Deportivo are a good side allthoug going on Juves past, i could see tis going to the wire, Juve are my favorites for this tie tho.
Lokomotiv if they play like they did against Arsenal will get beat by Monaco allthough this will also be a tight game which can go either way
SO....

Chelsea,Man Utd,Real Sociedad,Arsenal,Bayern Munich,AC Milan,Juve,Monaco.
Are my favs to go through allthough it would suprise me if some upsets happen.
Fri 12/12/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Notable"
And every time they meet in the CL the wnner of the match wins the competition....
Fri 12/12/03 at 12:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'd say the games for the English clubs are pretty tasty. Bayern V Real Madrid is the stand out game. It doesn't get any easier from here on in.
Fri 12/12/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Notable"
yes unless chelsea have a frustrating night against Stutgart
Fri 12/12/03 at 12:19
Regular
We should see all 3 english teams through..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.