GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Champion's League Draw"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/12/03 at 11:33
"Darkness, always"
VfB Stuttgart v CHELSEA
Porto v MANCHESTER UNITED
Real Sociedad v Lyon
Celta Vigo v ARSENAL
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Sparta Prague v AC Milan
Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco

I think Chelsea have a very tricky tie with Stuttgart, as their attacking style of play will aid the way Stuttgart like to play. If they take a leaf from Utd's book, and play like we did the other night, they should get through OK.

Utd have a fairly light tie. I remember first time we met Porto a few years back, and the press (which was fervently anti-Utd at the time) billed it up as "The Match Utd Cannot Win", only for us to win the home leg 4-0 and hold them to a goalless draw in Portugal. Portuguese league football isn't too great, and I don't think Porto are as strong a side as they used to be.

Don't know enough about Celta Vigo to comment really.

Real Madrid have the booby tie though, and Munich could well have enough to upset the "galacticos".
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:59
Regular
"No Chance!?!?!?!?!?"
every one prety much knows who is going to win each tie. because on paper certain teams look better but as it says in Fifa the games not played on paper.
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:54
Regular
"No Chance!?!?!?!?!?"
I support celtic and was dissapointed with being knocked out of the champions league. But if celtic had drawn with lyon on Wedensday night instead of being beat, they would have been drawn with Real Madrid. I cant help but say I am now plzed we got knocked out because playing real madrid would mean an almost certain end to celtics champions league dream! Celtic have infact been drawn with a chec republic team that many people will not know about. I am hopefull that celtic will do as well as they did last year and still have enough energy to go the all the way. and celtic could do it if they r lucky. Gd luck to all those who support a team in the champions league except porto! The cheatin bunch of portugues bas*ards!
I hope Man U slaughter them. Martin O'neil is giving Alex ferguson a tape of the match on that fateful night. So that he is ready for all their cheatin! And if Man U r in some trouble and need a last minute goal. the Porto Goalie MAY get seriously injuried. He MAY requiry an opporation and he MAY decide that he wants it 2 take place on the pitch because the seconds are ticking away. Those seconds ticked away like the hope and dreams of many Celtic fans.
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:40
Regular
We let you have that old thing.

I think the premiership trophy looks much nicer without that worthless trophy cluttering up the place :p
Sat 13/12/03 at 17:37
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Don or†ega wrote:

No, becasue the Uefa cup is full of Champions league rejects while that cup is just plain old league rejects :P
----------------

Like the team we beat in the Final!

=P
Sat 13/12/03 at 00:21
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Don or†ega wrote:
> I think people are underestimating Porto. Dont forget they won the
> Uefa Cup last year.
>
> Isn't that like saying Liverpool are dangerous because they won the
> Worthless Cup last year? ;-p

No, becasue the Uefa cup is full of Champions league rejects while that cup is just plain old league rejects :P
Sat 13/12/03 at 00:20
Regular
Arsenal are 3rd favourites with WillHill at 5/1.

Way too short odds i reckon.

I think Stuttgart might be able to do a Dortmund and go all the way at 25/1

Its not that far-fetched when you consider Leverkusen got to the final. Not forgetting Dortmund winning it pretty much out of nowhere when Juve where dominating Europeon football.
Sat 13/12/03 at 00:18
"High polygon count"
Don or†ega wrote:
> I think people are underestimating Porto. Dont forget they won the
> Uefa Cup last year.

Isn't that like saying Liverpool are dangerous because they won the Worthless Cup last year? ;-p
Sat 13/12/03 at 00:02
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> According to the odds for winning the competition in one of the papers
> yesterday, Porto were 33-1 and Celta Vigo were 40-1. Can't remember
> Stuttgart.

Porto are now 50/1 with Celta at 66/1. Stuttgart 25/1
Sat 13/12/03 at 00:00
Regular
I think people are underestimating Porto. Dont forget they won the Uefa Cup last year.

I think these teams will progress.

Stuttgart - would love to see Chelsea got knocked out. Chelsea supporter at work is doing my head in.

Man Utd - i think it will be tight but should edge through.

Real Sociedad

Arsenal

Real Madrid

AC Milan

Juventus

Monaco
Fri 12/12/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> VfB Stuttgart v CHELSEA

Stuttgart are looking very good at this moment of time, but so are Chelsea. Chelsea have spent well and an away goal at Stuttgart followed by a win at home will see them through.

PREDICTION - Chelsea to win 3-2 on Aggregate

> Porto v MANCHESTER UNITED
There should be no problems with Manchester United here. Two comfortable wins are on the plate.

PREDICTION - Man United to win 5-1 on Aggregate

> Real Sociedad v Lyon
Sociedad surprised La Liga last seson, topping the table early on. Not sure about Lyon, but should be a close game.

PREDICTION - Sociedad to win 2-1 on Aggregate

> Celta Vigo v ARSENAL
Celta Vigo could easily of surprised Arsenal early on in the season, but with Arsenals change of fortune in Europe and undefeated in the Premiership this season, they should go through.

PREDICTION - Arsenal to win 3-1 on Aggregate

> Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Two great teams here and is the plum tie in the draw. Real are full off Allstars with Bayern a great unit. I can see Real shrugging Bayern off with ease.

PREDICTION - Real Madrid to win 4-1 on Aggregate

> Sparta Prague v AC Milan
AC Milan are the current holders, and I had them to win it last season. Can't see any upset here.

PREDICTION - AC Milan to win 2-0 on Aggregate

> Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
Deportive got a thrashing against Monaco early on, but things have changed for the better since. Juventus are still looking strong and will be very hard to say who will qualify.

PREDICTION - Deportivo to win 1-0 on Aggregate

> Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco
Monaco have already shown what they are capable off, but Moscow could still have a chance of shrugging them off.

PREDICTION - Moscow to win 3-2 n Aggregate

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.