GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Guilds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 05/05/05 at 09:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Quit my third one this morning on Dragonmaw. My advice, join a guild where the majority of people speak English as their first langauge. I spent 2 hours of utter frustration with a German gnome last night. *Shudder*

It also helps if the leader isn't a megalomaniac Swede with delusions of grandeur,

"Make Stormwind your home" - "Erm, I've loads of quests in Duskwood, why make stormwind my home just so I have to travel to an from to log off / get back?"

"Group with them" - "I dont have time" - "Group with them"
"Help level up" - "I'm in the middle of a quest" - "HELP THEM!"

and flooding the chat with inane comments
"I have 28 honour kills"
(pause)
"I had 3 this morning but now I have 28"

Wow. I'm supposed to fawn over that?

It's only just happened recently, but when the game turns into a chore and you're getting irritated by something easily fixed. Just quit.

Rant over.
Thu 05/05/05 at 13:18
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hmm...if you're offering Guild invites, my current Dragonmaw character is called Jugurtha.
Thu 05/05/05 at 13:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Yup, what's your username on there? I'll invite you when I'm on.

Pandaemonium suprisingly enough. Cheers ;D
Thu 05/05/05 at 13:05
Regular
Yup, what's your username on there? I'll invite you when I'm on.
Thu 05/05/05 at 12:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> We can invite you into the SR guild if you want Pandy, we're all
> pretty useless and at the moment er, the leader isn't exactly
> spending much time on the server because he's busy having fun being a
> Tauren in PVE, but I think we're going to have a black piratey tabard
> and that's all that matters.

Hmmm, might well do. At least I know all you lot speak bloody English. DragonMaw right?
Thu 05/05/05 at 12:30
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
"I have somebody who knows who I am, and despite not being on my friends list, can find me wherever I am. Well, he must remember my name, but you know."

That's how Troy must feel.

It was love at first sight. The day he shouts "FOR TROY!" back at me I'll squeal like a girl.
Thu 05/05/05 at 12:29
Regular
We can invite you into the SR guild if you want Pandy, we're all pretty useless and at the moment er, the leader isn't exactly spending much time on the server because he's busy having fun being a Tauren in PVE, but I think we're going to have a black piratey tabard and that's all that matters.

We'll all help each other out if they need it anyway. And if we're actually on the server.
Thu 05/05/05 at 12:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have somebody who knows who I am, and despite not being on my friends list, can find me wherever I am. Well, he must remember my name, but you know.

He always has the same guy with him, and he goes 'i need help, you come?'

'Yeah, maybe'

Then I have to help him kill some insanely overpowered monster, die, die, die, pay 50s to repair and get nowt out of it.

So now I ignore him. If he asks for help anyway.
Thu 05/05/05 at 09:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm being stalked by a Danish guy/kid.
I grouped with him once for a dungeon and since then, until put on ignore, I was hassled every single minute.
"You come to Orgrimmar?"
"Sorry, helping a mate with his quests"
"Whatever. I need help"
"I'm busy, maybe later"

20 mins

"You finish yet?"
"No, leave me alone"
"So you hang with your friend all day and not me?"
"Yes that's right. I'm ignoring you now"

20 mins later he finds me and starts talking in general chat, onscreen, to me.
Jesus christ.
I'm in some guild run by a Swede, but he's cool.
Me & Grix grouped with him last night for the Raging Chasm instances. Initially he was "Register at our website now"
"No"
"Why not? You must register!"
"No, I'm not registering at a website because my avatar is grouped with yours"
"....ok then"
And things were cool after that.
Thu 05/05/05 at 09:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
In the SR one we just moan and insult each other.
Thu 05/05/05 at 09:39
Regular
Yeah, that Special Reserve guild is full of power-hungry maniacs, always giving me stick... :P

I'm not too fussed about Guilds. My Tauren is in a very good Guild, great members and a sound 'master'. I just don't care to talk much.

I still fancy creating my own guild, but it'd be crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.