GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Guilds"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 05/05/05 at 09:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Quit my third one this morning on Dragonmaw. My advice, join a guild where the majority of people speak English as their first langauge. I spent 2 hours of utter frustration with a German gnome last night. *Shudder*

It also helps if the leader isn't a megalomaniac Swede with delusions of grandeur,

"Make Stormwind your home" - "Erm, I've loads of quests in Duskwood, why make stormwind my home just so I have to travel to an from to log off / get back?"

"Group with them" - "I dont have time" - "Group with them"
"Help level up" - "I'm in the middle of a quest" - "HELP THEM!"

and flooding the chat with inane comments
"I have 28 honour kills"
(pause)
"I had 3 this morning but now I have 28"

Wow. I'm supposed to fawn over that?

It's only just happened recently, but when the game turns into a chore and you're getting irritated by something easily fixed. Just quit.

Rant over.
Fri 06/05/05 at 11:22
Regular
I'm just annoyed because at the moment I hate Dragonmaw.. it's SO over-crowded, it really is, and getting killed all the damn time, only to run back to your dead body to find 10 people camping ready to kill you again... jesus.

In PVE I can turn into a bear and sit on gnomes heads and they can't do a thing to hurt me. Then I can dance and wave, golfclap, then attack them and get chased by about 20 people. When *I* feel like it. So I can quest, peacefully, any time I like. Then I can go and PVP too, when I feel like. It's a GAME again, not work.

I'm really only visiting Dragonmaw so I can catch you lot.. I can't bare to go back to Booty Bay and around because I know how much horde runs around there. Impossible situation at the moment, need to get stuff for other quests.

Or.. I can change into a bear and pretend to fire myself from a catapult at human passerbys.
Fri 06/05/05 at 10:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I pwn you n00b.
Fri 06/05/05 at 06:29
Regular
We never ask for help because you suck :P
Thu 05/05/05 at 21:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Our guild members never ask for help. Higher levels offer to help.
Thu 05/05/05 at 21:34
Regular
I've been in about 10 guilds, hated them all.

I've done 90% of the game solo, I'm just not a group person. Joined a guild now run by some people I've had on my friends list since level 20, simply because it's impossible to do the high level stuff alone.

The people are nice enough, I don't know why but I just angry knowing I'm in a guild. I want to leave already, but if I don't my progress will become so slow.
Thu 05/05/05 at 18:03
Regular
I own a guild so if they pi$$ me off, they're gone. Simple =P

They all seem ok though so I haven't had to do that yet.
Thu 05/05/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
SHEEPY wrote:
> We usually chat about rubbish... well me/Grix/Nash/Cycloon used to a
> lot... so be warned, it could be annoying. I get the feeling that
> Kim is going 'shut up shut up, I missed something there'.

Don't mind that so much, but the constant "you help" of the last one I was in was a pain in the ass.
Thu 05/05/05 at 17:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
We usually chat about rubbish... well me/Grix/Nash/Cycloon used to a lot... so be warned, it could be annoying. I get the feeling that Kim is going 'shut up shut up, I missed something there'.
Thu 05/05/05 at 14:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My guild is awesome, everyone is really helpful, props to the Dusk Runners.
Thu 05/05/05 at 13:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Ah, guilds. I remeber being guildless for a while, I lost count of the amount of time people asked me if I wanted to join their guild, I gave a polite "no thanks" and that was that, but there where always those occasions where some people just wouldn't take that as a hint.

"do you want to join my guild"
"no thank you"
"why not"
"Because I'm not really that interested in joining a guild right now"
"would you like me to list the benifits of joining a guild"

All the while I'm getting my ass kicked trying to fight off a ogre 5 levels above me, while that lemon just stood their trying to coax into joining his poxy guild.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.