GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England, wales and N.i. in same world cup group !!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/12/03 at 18:06
"LOLLERSKATES!"
yes englands world cup qualifying group should be east enough, especially as none of the teams we have drawn are not even in euro 2004!
but the story is we have drawn two home nations, northen ireland and wales.
scotland got italy,
and rep of ire will have to take on the swiss and the mighty french.
in other news, holland, czech rep and romania draw each other,and group h looks widely open as any two teams can progress, except malta.
englands group is:

england
wales
northen ireland
azebijan
austria
poland.

england v wales.
its gotta be us, the english............
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:57
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Indeed. That match was a joke. Was funny that Sven literally fielded
> two different teams though.

It was a good way to try out new tactics and ideas, that I can understand, but I don't think he knew pride was: For god's sake, we invented Australia as a place to dump convicts.

The only good things to have come from Australia:
Holden Monaro
Ford Falcon
Rotary Washing Line
Harry Kewell
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:29
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Who, Sparky?

Yarh
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:29
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. That match was a joke. Was funny that Sven literally fielded two different teams though.
Mon 08/12/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Icarus wrote:
> When was this, England losing to Australia in football? lol
>
> At home as well tut tut

Whilst playing two different weak teams at one of the busiest times of year for fixtures. Awful judgement there from Sven.
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:16
"Darkness, always"
Who, Sparky?
Mon 08/12/03 at 15:14
Damn it he has a name
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:59
"Darkness, always"
As someone who is both English and Welsh, I will say this:

It's essentially a derby game, and while, on paper at least, Wales are the poorer footballing nation, they've beaten england before, and they could do again. The guy who scored the winning goal last time these two sides met, curiously, now manages the Welsh national team, so any England fans thinking they're in for an easy ride are very mistaken.

That said, I do think that england will edge both games with a 2-1 scoreline, which seems to be the case in every competitive game we play these days.

Except against Turkey of course. Everyone knows they'll never score against england. It's tradition.
Mon 08/12/03 at 13:29
When was this, England losing to Australia in football? lol

At home as well tut tut
Sun 07/12/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Baz bling bling wrote:
> ooh, wales beat germany, undeservably.
> we beat them 5-1.
> "we drew with argentina"
> we beat them in the scorching heat.
> and you welsh are use to awful weather.
> england to cruise through.

Right to stop this right now, all i menat to say is that we can beat the top nations, so beating England in cardiff is a challenge, but challenges are able to be overcome. OK we will probably not win the group because are away form is awful, BUT England are not unbeatable, Like i say again a draw against Macendonia at home, Defeat to Australia (AT Home) in Footie (they dont even class football as there number 1 sport over there) need i carry on.

OK u can go through the articles and find out who Wales have lost to in the last 2 years at home. But i believe that Wales have a really good chance of beating England in Cardiff. The welsh players have been waiting to play the english for a long time and will be physical and up for the game and the win.

Yes, we did not qualify for Euro 2004, but the performances against Finland (when we beat them in Finland), and the win against Italy and then the two wins against that aberjazan got the welsh players and fans over excited and we messed it up. But we showed to the fans and to the world we can win, which had not happened to us for a while.

What can i say but i bet that Sven will be more worried about the welsh than the polish. Due to the Polish poor away form, (i think that is why the did not qualify for euro 2004). But i cannot wait to see the game, it is the biggest game for the UK since Euro 96, England vs Scotland.

We can agrue till we are blue in the face about who is going to win, in the game, but either team could win. Oh yeah, when people say England should walk the group. That is what they said about the Dutch in the last 2 qualifying rounds for euro 2004 and world cup.
Sun 07/12/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Great Scott's"
KR wrote:
> Bob_Monkhouse wrote:
> >we can beat anybody at home, but it is are away form that let us
> down.
>
> Didn't you lot lose to Russia at home?

So England drew to Macendonia (cant spell sorry), but all i said we can beat anybody at home, did not say we will beat everybody at home.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.