GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE - IT IS 2K2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/01 at 19:22
Regular
I told you so Grix! What are your views on this news? Surely Nintendo won't want to be outsold by Sony yet again? I think they're leaving it too late to preach to the UK and Europe markets, however Japanese gamers are getting it in under 100 days, so it should do well over there.

Shame, but hey.
Sat 17/03/01 at 13:24
Regular
And I'm sure that Nintendo know more about the Gamecubes future than Eidos do...

Correction:

And I'm sure that Nintendo know more about the Gamecubes future than er-no does...

Nobody cares about the X-Box anymore Savant... ;)

And anyway, I think that's going to be delayed too. They STILL haven't got that graphics chip finished.

Gamecubes have started to be manufactured... X-Box's haven't... and judging by the Gamestock performance, they've got a lot to work for.

And the Japanese delay will be because the games won't be ready. Iron fist doesn't want the Cube released like the N64 was.
Sat 17/03/01 at 11:49
Regular
The gamecube is only coming out here to make sure we get enough consoles i reckon.
Sat 17/03/01 at 11:44
Quick Question: Why is it that nobody questions the X-Box's release, but everyone and their dog questions Nintendo's ability to bring the Gamecube out? Just curious, because it's beginning to look like a double-standard.
Fri 16/03/01 at 22:49
Regular
If it does come out by christmas than I know I wont be the one that's wrong!

I also wont be disappointed if ther is a delay! A delay is just to make sure things run better than they would on the original release date!

I'm still looking forward til December this year! If it is delayed I have my Gameboy Advance to keep me company!
Fri 16/03/01 at 22:46
Regular
Look. Lets all forget the rumours and speculation and decide that the GC WILL NOT be released until spring 2002.

That way, when we know for sure that it IS coming out in 2002, we won't be disappointed and it won't ruin our christmas.

And if we all turn out to be wrong and the GC miraculously appears in the UK by christmas then it'll be a lovely surprise and we'll appreciate it more.

And I'm sure that Nintendo know more about the Gamecubes future than Edios do...
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
The Japanese delay which I have not heard about is probably because Nintendo are going to release the console without problems, and the demand for a Gamecube in Japan is amazing, Nintendo are playing it sensibly and are manufacturing as many GC's as is physically possible (pikachu is hard at work), they want a successful launch and this won't affect other launches, I don't think. Another month to the Japanese is nothing when they have the GBA!
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:11
Regular
And the Japanese delay?
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
look, I didn't get the email from Nintendo my boss Jeremy Heath got it, it wasn't from Shigsy and it was from Nintendo of Japan.

The american announcent was made because Nintendo don't want to delay it so they have released an agreed annoucement of Spring 2001, Nintendo know they can meet this deadline so they released it, but they are working for a Christmas 2000 release, they don't to disappoint so they released a sensible deadline to the Public, those are the facts. Nintendo are clever.
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:06
Regular
Yeah was it official? Didn't seem like it!
Fri 16/03/01 at 20:06
Regular
"You've upset me"
CHEESE

POWER OF THE SHEEP

arghhhh help, sheepys antics on MSN have warped my mind

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.