GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mistakes, Errors, Spelling etc."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/07/09 at 18:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
I thought i'd make a thread for people to report any mistakes, errors or spelling mistakes that they find on the website, so that it's easier for Freeola to correct them. Not sure who runs your website, or edits it, but thought it might be useful.
Thu 06/08/09 at 19:35
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I have answered the post Hmmm....

I do not see what the point is or why it is a spelling error or mistake?

Assume you were referring to me, as you seem to have mispelt my nickname ;)
Thu 06/08/09 at 19:25
"Are you sure?"
I did mention this in another thread a while back - Walnut replied to it but might have forgotten :¬)

During Freeola's very own recent DDOS attack (see the news!)
plasmahead who is listed as a 'moderator' on all the forums didn't do a thing!

List of mods

apparently it might be an error...

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Wed 22/07/09 at 19:10
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Pedantry is generally the accepted term :)
Wed 22/07/09 at 18:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
Found one! Pedanticness is a real word, so doesn't require you to write -ness. I expect an edit immediately xD
Wed 22/07/09 at 17:08
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Garin wrote:
> So you're trying to say its free because theres no money
> involved?

That is what free generally means in a materialistic sense yes. :P

If you are going to go on about "effort" involved I don't think this is refered to in the phrase free. Air is free, but you have to work to get it no? :D

Anyway enough pedantic-ness. Back to the spelling mistakes!
Wed 22/07/09 at 17:03
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
So you're trying to say its free because theres no money involved?
Wed 22/07/09 at 16:44
Regular
"How Ironic"
But Garin the phrase does work. I'll go through your point. You say that the whole thing does require work. Yes it does, but the free part of the phrase isn't referring to our efforts or us at all, it's referring to the game. The win part backs this up, as with anything, you have to do something to win (even with a raffle, you have to buy a ticket in the first place). The free part refers to the prize, which is not free to freeola, but to us it is free. So the Win part is the effort that goes in (submissions etc.) and the free part is true, as you don't spend any money.
Wed 22/07/09 at 16:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Warhunt wrote:
> Because you have to enter a competition to win the Award, which
> in turn could be a free game. The game costs nothing and is
> therefore free.
>
> In summary the "Free Games" refers to the cost of the
> game, and the "Win" refers to the act you need to
> perform in order to receive a game free of charge :D

All you've done is underline the problem with the phrase. The games arent free. You enter a competition so theres an implied cost (work/effort of submitting something) already. And the games themselves cost money, so they arent free either.

I understand why you're using that phrase (I think), doesnt make it right though. :P
Wed 22/07/09 at 16:25
Regular
"How Ironic"
In Father Ted, the lovely girls winner's prize is to take Father Ted out for a meal, which she has to pay for. So in comparison to that, Warhunt's right :P
Wed 22/07/09 at 16:01
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Garin wrote:
> Personally, I've not convinced about the phrase "Win Free
> Games". Everytime I see it, my first thought is always why
> do I need to win something thats free?

Because you have to enter a competition to win the Award, which in turn could be a free game. The game costs nothing and is therefore free.

In summary the "Free Games" refers to the cost of the game, and the "Win" refers to the act you need to perform in order to receive a game free of charge :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.