GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mistakes, Errors, Spelling etc."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/07/09 at 18:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
I thought i'd make a thread for people to report any mistakes, errors or spelling mistakes that they find on the website, so that it's easier for Freeola to correct them. Not sure who runs your website, or edits it, but thought it might be useful.
Sat 22/08/09 at 12:31
Regular
"That's right!"
In (not so) related news, despite the fact I only got a B at GCSE English language I seem to be the only person in the whole of HMRC who knows where apostrophes belong. The general rule at work seems to be "There's an S? Stick an apostrophe before it, everyone else does".

People two grades higher than me can't spell or even string a coherent sentence together, it's puzzling as to how some of these people got their jobs.

Is it any wonder why the country is in the state it is?
Sat 22/08/09 at 00:31
Regular
My tuppence worth, How about the prize is a game of your choice?

Digi

Warhunt wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> Personally, I've not convinced about the phrase "Win Free
> Games". Everytime I see it, my first thought is always
> why
> do I need to win something thats free?

>
> Because you have to enter a competition to win the Award, which
> in turn could be a free game. The game costs nothing and is
> therefore free.
>
> In summary the "Free Games" refers to the cost of the
> game, and the "Win" refers to the act you need to
> perform in order to receive a game free of charge :D
Fri 07/08/09 at 17:57
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ha ha you fox you!

Had to keep that sentence vague to stop any further DDOS.

"I knew Hmmm.... was referring to his......etc"
"That's because I don't write as clearly as you....."
So I managed to guess what you mean because you don't write clearly?????
Fri 07/08/09 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> ... and I thought it you were referring to the other users thing ...

That's because I don't write as clearly as you!!!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 07/08/09 at 16:59
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Jubilations. It appears I was correct.

Let me explain. In the office here we noticed Hmmm.... post about DDOS, and some of us thought, "What is he on about? DDOS? What DDOS"

My opinion was that Hmmm.... was referring to the recent bout of posters who had come back to the site.

Therefore my thought now is, "I win!"

EDIT: Clarified this post a bit :D
Fri 07/08/09 at 09:12
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
> Plamsahead...
> I'm guessing they haven't realised they're
> showing as a moderator at the moment.

Yep, that was all I was trying to point out!

> I'm not entirely sure what Hmmm is referring to when
> he mention DDOS though!

Just my poor attempt at humour when you were having rather a lot of posts/bannings the other day...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 07/08/09 at 01:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@Chris: A DDOS is a Distributed Denial Of Service attack. A term usually used for a method of using multiple computers in different locations to try an 'take out' a particular service, such as a website, by sending or asking for lots of packets of data from the server(s) hosting the website. This can result in the server hosting the website becoming overloaded, which means the website is then unavailable.

I'm not entirely sure what Hmmm is referring to when he mention DDOS though!

Plamsahead is indeed a fellow member of staff who works on the improvements to our interactive sites and lots of other stuff. I'm guessing they haven't realised they're showing as a moderator at the moment.
Thu 06/08/09 at 21:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahh Hmmm... I see. Didn't really explain it.

Plasmahead is infact a member of Freeola Staff. He does not post on here very often, and I do not believe he uses that user name. He is a moderator for testing and other purposes I believe.

I'll look into why his account linked "gooble-dee-gook" but I don't think its that much of an issue.

And don't worry Hmmm.... you never bother me :D And I like the fact that you have given me another nick name :P
Thu 06/08/09 at 20:20
Regular
"How Ironic"
What in the world's name is a DDOS attack? (explained in 'Average Joe' terms) And who is plasmahead?
Thu 06/08/09 at 20:17
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> I have answered the post Hmmm....
>
> I do not see what the point is or why it is a spelling error or
> mistake?
>
> Assume you were referring to me, as you seem to have mispelt my
> nickname ;)

Hi Warhunt - sorry about the typo!

The point...

Sorry I thought it looked like an error as he doesn't seem to post in the 'normal' forums?!

When you follow the links in his profile to see all the previous posts all I see is *nonsense* or broken links!

Sorry to have bothered you...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.