GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, I’ve been CS gassed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/12/03 at 17:50
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
In a word, OWIE!

The way we did it was to have it sprayed at our feet and have the wind carry it up to our faces. The guy empted two bottles at us, and me being on the end I got a full face-full of the “gassy” bit at the end of the canister.

What’s it like? How does it feel?

Ok, at the start you think, “this is nothing, I can handle this!”

Then you get a real strong smell of marker pens, and then…

Well, it feels a little like this. Imagine someone has used a cheese-grater on your eyeballs and then poured the strongest onion juice into the splodgey mess.

Whilst this is going on you have dozens of very bitter, angry midgets filing the back of your throat and a couple in your nose too.

We only stood over it for 20ish seconds and then moved away to a fresher place. We then stood facing the wind until the effects wore off. The eyes are the last thing to improve and it feels like you’ve used some kind of toxic eye-liner for a while.

Took about 30mins to “fully” recover.

However, we were then using our water filled canisters for aiming practice, and every time I got hit in the face it wets the left over residue and you get the eye effects again!

I would hate to think what it is like to get a full face-full of this stuff.

But hey, at least I have a vague idea of what it’s like now.

In a role-play I did later on today I had to CS a guy 3 times and then I broke his arm with my baton. So, what have you all done today?
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Um...wha?
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
who the hell would be a cs, head fracturing dummy. he must get payed a truck load... or be a fool.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Oh, and the knife was more like about 9", but, you-know?
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
That was a common law situation, I could have justified that no problem at all.

If my CS had failed I could have justified hitting him in the head. I could not really justify hitting him in the head while he's hunched over holding his eyes, but I could hitting him in the arm.

It achieved what I wanted to, he dropped it and I looked manly.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:28
Regular
sounds perfectly reasonable - if someone is threatening your life I have no problem with you breaking their arm.

If someone broke into my house I'd probably do more than break their arm whether they had a knife or not.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Twenty quid."
"Book him, Danno."
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Any equipment if misused can cause unnecessary damage.

But the police are seriously out armed at the moment. In my role-play the guy had a knife, I am not going to go through what went through my mind.

Ok, this is what happened in my role-play.

I got report of an alarm going off at 2am at a local school.

I turn up with a colleague, he goes round one side and I go round the other. I find a door that has been forced. My assessor says, “just do what you would do”. I said, “ok I would radio to my colleague and call for more back-up”.

“Correct”, he said. “However, you are now going in there by yourself, just do what you would do”.

*English_Bloke passes wind*

I slowly opened the door and was presented with a fairly large room, quite dark with one window open on the other side.

A guy comes through the door on my left and says, “oh, hello officer, I’m the janitor here, I was just turning off the alarm, sorry to have dragged you out all this way whoever was here must have gone.”

Hmm, thinks English_Bloke.

“Ok sir, what’s your name please”, he tells me.

“Oh look, the window is open, they must have come in through here”, he said walking toward the window.

I looked at the window and saw a knife of about 15 inches in length on the windowsill.

*English_Bloke fills pants*

I started backing towards the door and watched him turn around. He kept one hand behind his back a little, suspicious.

I told him to stand still and show me his hands, (there was about 20 foot between us), he did and sure enough there was the knife.

“PUT IT DOWN, blah-blah”.

“STAND STILL!” he didn’t.

*English_Bloke squirts CS*

A few seconds later he starts screaming, hunching over and holding his eyes.

“DROP THE KNIFE!”

He didn’t and continued towards me. I gave him another two squirts. He yelped and was in clear pain but still held onto the knife.

“DROP IT!!!”

He didn’t.

“Where are you? GRRRR!”

I then stepped to his side a little and gave him one baton strike to his arm, making him drop the knife.

“AHHH! YOU BROKE MY ARM!”

“GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR!”

Etc, back up arrives.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:08
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> What equipment do YOU think the police of England and Wales should
> carry?

well a basic knowledge of self defence goes a long way. obviously restraining devices such as handcuffs are necessary, as are batons, as police are often outnumbered. pepper spray seems to work well for the american police although I saw a video where some over zealous freak sprayed it in this old mans face because he wouldn't get up off the floor.

all these new age things like stun guns and tazers are a waste of time - if you miss with a tazer, the weapon becomes useless, and they can both be quite dangerous to those with heart problems.

what else is there for controlling those who will not co-operate?
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
equipment to be carried:

baton made of solid fibre glass
tranquilising tablets
breathaliser
walky talky
badge
gun with blanks

policeman should be equipped with a dislike of racism. a decisive mind. but also a strictly law abiding way.
Tue 02/12/03 at 20:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
Pink Fluffy handcuffs and napkins.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.