GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could you guys take a look at this?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/11/03 at 19:02
Regular
Hi guys

could you take a look at our site http://www.SolentIT.com and let us know what you think.

thanks

ant
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Digging!"
Cheers Tyla.
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:45
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
taka-Q wrote:
> Ah, and Tyla, is there anyway of getting round the browser blocking
> page on your Digital Prozac site? (This site uses xHTML and CSS2 and
> may not display as intended in your chosen browser. Please consider
> upgrading your browser so that you can enjoy the full user experience
> of Digital Prozac.) I have IE 6 its just ME is stupid.

IE6 is seen as IE5.8 on anything other than 2000/XP, a stupid bug, but it's there. To bypass this go to:

http://dev.digital-prozac.co.uk/welcome.php
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Digging!"
"then I am justified in saying that on a site where there are potential customers it is best to act and appear professional". Hmm, who would I use given the choice, Tyla, or themoron, hmm...

Somehow I think it would be Tyla. The site look profesional and well made (unlike your tat, themoron) and make use of more than just HTML which looks like it was done by child.

Ah, and Tyla, is there anyway of getting round the browser blocking page on your Digital Prozac site? (This site uses xHTML and CSS2 and may not display as intended in your chosen browser. Please consider upgrading your browser so that you can enjoy the full user experience of Digital Prozac.) I have IE 6 its just ME is stupid.
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:04
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
themoron wrote:
> Tyle
>
> Professional: One who earns a living in a given or implied
> occupation.
>
> Yes I know what it means, and as we are both professionals and
> earning a similar wage (If you take into consideration what my day
> job brings in and projected income based on previous business) then I
> am justified in saying that on a site where there are potential
> customers it is best to act and appear professional. Petty
> name-calling and bad misspellings is not that.

I haven't laughed so much in ages!

> Anyway, I'm off to get an early night ready for two consultations
> tomorrow.

Good luck, you'll need it. BTW try posting your site on http://www.designateonline.com/forum/viewforum.php? (space) f=5&sid=2bf3d0657203d67950c7bccbfb9696ce and see how it survives.

Youve kinda missed the whole point of my comments, but nevermind!
Sun 30/11/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
But you're not earning a living as a webdesigner, you're just getting pocket money...

So you're not profesional? You're lying.
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:57
Regular
Tyle

Professional: One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation.

Yes I know what it means, and as we are both professionals and earning a similar wage (If you take into consideration what my day job brings in and projected income based on previous business) then I am justified in saying that on a site where there are potential customers it is best to act and appear professional. Petty name-calling and bad misspellings is not that.

Anyway, I'm off to get an early night ready for two consultations tomorrow.

Bye

themoron
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
themoron wrote:
> Firstly Tyle your sites are reasonable, tho I have seen much better.

You've lost the arguement. Just give in!

You're trying to run a 'business' selling websites, and basically, they're crap. They're poorly designed, poorly coded and have absolutely no backbone to them. It's just a simple HTML page.

I can do better for Gods sake, I'm no where near as good as most people but even my basic site has more work put into it than all of your ones you've made and charged people for.

Your sites are terrible compared to Tyla, just look at what's on them, user log in, server side scripts, databases, clear coding, everything that your site lacks. When you say you've seen better, are you talking about Yahoo and sites like that? Blackwell-Synergy is a beast of a site!

Oh, and if you're going to attempt to make more money by acting 'professional' you're going to have to sort things out. At the moment your sites are crap and for even thinking about charging people for them you deserve all of this.

Sit down and learn how to make a decent site. Learn about databases, server side stuff and decent coding... Then you might be able to get some constructive critism.

> Oh, and I am surprised you can write sites at all with your spelling
> and that is my PROFESSIONAL opinion!

Tyle, tho. And that's only the first line...
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:33
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Don't keep telling him that for christs's sake!

You know I can't resist Rob... But then to have my name bounced about (spelt wrong) and not say anything was just too hard to resist!
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
themoron wrote:
> Firstly Tyle your sites are reasonable, tho I have seen much better.###

Firstly, get the damn name right... its TYLA not TYLE and Im not saying they're the best, as with you, I have seen better and have friends who have produced better but at the end of the day it comes down to the budget available and the skill set, and frankly, yours sucks!

> Before making a statement about the site, I suggest writing "In
> my opinion" before each sentence.

Why? It's fairly obvious that this is my opinion, it has my name next to it so there fore needs no other justification as being my opinion.

> Oh, and I am surprised you can write sites at all with your spelling
> and that is my PROFESSIONAL opinion!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that your best come back! Do you even know the meaning of Professional? There's a difference between me typing here and me typing at work, I dont get paid here so don't give a monkeys as to whether my spelling is right or not!

Go back to your palm tree monkey boy!
Sun 30/11/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Don't keep telling him that for christs's sake!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.