GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"football vs rugby"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/11/03 at 19:09
"LOLLERSKATES!"
i know this is one for the sports forum, but its so deserted and i am going to get more replies here (if any). england arrived home today,they received a warm welcome, due to the fact that

world cup
glory was produced
last saturday,and
people celebrated like madmen. however, when listening to five live, stack-loads of people phoned in saying rugby is and old sport, un popular, and was sadly in the shadow of football, and that the whole country would be watching football, unlike the rugby which only gained the viewing of a third ofthe country. so what are your opinions. is rugby a sad shadow of football? can the football team learn anything from the rugby? is kicking a drop goal so easy that even emile heskey can do it??? let me no your thoughts. personally i think that rugby catched the heart of the nation last saturday, and was a triumph for the nation and this side of the hemesphere. however, i, like many prefer football and prefer to see the football team triumph. role on euro 2004. let me here your thoughts on this matter.
Tue 25/11/03 at 22:07
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
i, living in US, don't get any of the rugby games :( Ive seen some of it..on tv shows..and i lkie it a lot. I like football more, because i haven't seen to much of rugby to understand it.
Tue 25/11/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It is a simple choice for me. I played football out in the street when I was a kid and kept playing it when I was at school. I played rugby at school and didn't really enjoy it. I've tried watching it on TV but I guess I'm just a football fan at heart.

Well, football and motor racing fan, if you couldn't guess. :)
Tue 25/11/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Light of the world"
Rugby is a great sport.

Where as most people grew up watching rugby and following the team in which their Dads support I grew up with Rugby!

The world Cup did not get the attention it deserved. A national team kicked ass and won the world championship. They have the world cup and are classified number one in the world and won the lions didnt they?

Our guys should be congratulated more - if it was the footy squad that had won the world cup just think of the publicity...weeks and weeks of it.

terrible but hey thats life
Tue 25/11/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Notable"
football players egos are sky high and its just redicolous. hughes in police custody, smith charged with improper conduct. And thats just this week. not including morris rape scandal. Rugby players are hardly ever involved in such stupidity. not to mention they dont argue with refs even tho they cud eat most refs alive. football players on the other hand, they spit, push and swear at the refs and none would last 10 minutes on a rugby pitch.
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:43
"LOLLERSKATES!"
he will become manager, hes got to much leeds in his blood. he desires us. soton are over-performing !!! (and we are underperforming)
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:40
Regular
They don't really have much grip on the transfer market, even with the rumoured cash injection. They are virtually screwed and doomed to relegation.

Maybe Strachan can bring them up to scratch - doubtful though (if he even takes the managerial position).
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:35
"LOLLERSKATES!"
well, at least the club is being stupid. they are going to risk there how exsistance, buy spending 30million pound (no joke) in the transfer window, to boost the clubs survival in the premiership. although they may become to much riddled in debt (hope not) .........
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:31
Regular
No, but I'm from Leeds, and my Dad supports them religiously - which is good I suppose, but they really need to sort themselves out!
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:29
"LOLLERSKATES!"
but im not from leeds, my dada was. just following the family.
Tue 25/11/03 at 20:22
Regular
And then there's the fact that your local team loses to everyone - even crappy teams like Bolton Wanderers!

How pathetic they really are!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.