GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... which one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 06:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Revolution allows you to download and play any game from Nintendo's 20 years worth of back catalogue, right back to the NES.

What's the first 'retro' title you'll want to get, and why?
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:43
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Probably Super Mario Kart. I could happily play that game every day.
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Super Mario Kart.

Ahaha, imagine they somehow managed to make it playable online. That'd be a laugh.
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:47
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Super Mario Kart.
>
> Ahaha, imagine they somehow managed to make it playable online.
> That'd be a laugh.

I would sell a kidney, nah what the heck, both kidneys if I could play the original (and best) Mario Kart online. It was a game I got so good at I could probably win the 150cc GPs with my eyes closed.
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Haha. I was more of a Mario Kart 64 guy, myself.

21 second race time on Wario Stadium. :-)
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:51
Regular
I hadn't heard about this.
Are they going to charge you for it?
If so I won't re-order any of my Snes games.

I've always wanted to have Secret of Mana though.
ANd Chrono Trigger too.
And anything else that's expensively collectable on ebay! :-)

Oh, and some of my N64 games as I've only got one pad that works nowdays!
Perhaps Perfect Dark and Conker will run without slowdown when ran on the revolution...
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:53
Regular
Strafio this is your dream announcement.

Nintendo have confirmed a budget console, backwards compatible with all games with a Smash Brothers online launch title.

I expect you to be stuck to your chair.
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:57
Regular
I'd've creamed myself 3-4 years ago, but I'm all grown up and boring now. :-)

Still "vaguely" interested. :-)
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
This whole idea of allowing people access to a huge back catalogue of retro games is something I've been hoping for for a long time (not just those crappy retro compilations that come with a couple of good games and dozens of naff ones that nobody remembers, proper big collections). An excellent idea if you have an epic back catalogue as Nintendo do.

With films you can get a hold of any old film if it's been released on VHS or DVD, but not with games. If you go into your local games shop the only games you can really buy are current ones (or at least only games from the last couple of years). Allowing people access to vast amounts of classic video gamery is a genius idea, especially if they did allow you to play certain titles online (such as the Mario Karts or GoldenEye for example).
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:59
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Mario is Missing.
>
> Really, quite awful, but nostalgic.

Haha. One of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing.
Thu 19/05/05 at 11:59
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Strafio wrote:
> Are they going to charge you for it?

I don't think so. Come to think of it, they've not actually said whether they will or not... but I think it would be a stupid decision to charge people to download the games.

> Perhaps Perfect Dark and Conker will run without slowdown when ran on
> the revolution...

There's a chance that both of those games won't be available for download. Nintendo haven't said whether it'll be titles that appeared on their systems... or simply titles that THEY created. If it's the latter, then that rules of Perfect Dark and Conker.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.