GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... which one?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 06:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Revolution allows you to download and play any game from Nintendo's 20 years worth of back catalogue, right back to the NES.

What's the first 'retro' title you'll want to get, and why?
Thu 19/05/05 at 17:16
Regular
Would be sweet if Harvest Moon 64 and Snowboard Kids 2 were available.
Thu 19/05/05 at 17:06
Regular
"8==="
Probably Ogre Battle on the 64/SNES because I've never played them and would like to.
Thu 19/05/05 at 17:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
nah it's 512MB. Flash memory of 512Mb wouldn't be enough to save anything. I don't think the make flash cards that small anymore anyway.

But 512MB isn't too bad - hopefully there'll be a HD add on for those of us willing to download games. I suppose it makes sense - I mean only Microsoft only expect 50% of owners to actually use Live, so it'll be the same for Revolution. It makes no sense making the other 50% pay for the bigger harddrive when they won't use it.
Thu 19/05/05 at 17:01
Regular
I was thinking about that, I imagine downloaded Ninty's games will be free, but you can only fit so many on the console's flash at a time.

Seems like a really good idea to me, you can download a game for free, complete it then wipe it and download another one. Perfect for times when you don't have anything new to play.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:45
Regular
Thing is, don't you only get 512Mb of flash space to save things to?
If it's 512Megabytes then that's not so bad as Majora's Mask/Orcarina of Time are only 32Mb each and you'll still have plenty of space for game saves.

Now it's it's 512Megabits...
That'd leave room for OOT, MM and nothing else.
Have Nintendo mentioned any more on storage media?
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Earthbound? One of the RPGs I missed out on on the SNES. And then ISS98 of course (pleaaaaaaaase Konami)
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:04
Regular
Paper Mario!
Mario RPG!
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
yeah definately a snes game like chrono trigger. seems silly to get a game you already have like goldeneye.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:51
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
It would have to be Goldeneye!
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:43
Regular
I wonder if they would allow Chrono Trigger over here? Not that I haven't played it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.