GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reccommend games for gamecube or SP."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario and Luigi'.
Thu 19/05/05 at 12:26
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I am going on a bit of a buying session at the weekend & was looking for some games. Wot games are currently worth getting?
Thu 19/05/05 at 14:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Super Kev wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Pikmin 2
>
> Does it matter that I haven't played the first one?

I think the fact that you haven't played the first one will improve the game even more. It's so different from anything else, yet so satisfying. I'm actually going to go back and complete it again sometime soon.

As Tiltawhirl said, it's one of the best titles on the Gamecube, and also one of the best games Nintendo have made. And that's a high accolade.
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:29
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Blimy might have to check it out!

Any other titles?
Thu 19/05/05 at 15:59
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
don't buy pikmin 2 unless ur 5 years old =) resi 4/baten kaitos are the best latest titles. on gba get zelda/fire emblem. thats my opinion, but im a big rpg fan :p its whatever floats your boat really.
Thu 19/05/05 at 16:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I'd say Resi 4 is a must have
Thu 19/05/05 at 17:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> don't buy pikmin 2 unless ur 5 years old

The ignorance and stupidity of people like you never ceases to amaze me.
Thu 19/05/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
yeah sorry pikmin 2 is a really grown up game.... i think the strategy's too simplistic and i prefer strategy games that actually make u think. a 5 year old could complete pikmin 2, which is what nintendo aimed for. "family console". some people likes challenges afrojoe, u must be one of those that only plays games on easy >.<
Thu 19/05/05 at 20:58
What?

shhhh
Thu 19/05/05 at 21:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> yeah sorry pikmin 2 is a really grown up game.... i think the
> strategy's too simplistic and i prefer strategy games that actually
> make u think. a 5 year old could complete pikmin 2, which is what
> nintendo aimed for. "family console". some people likes
> challenges afrojoe, u must be one of those that only plays games on
> easy >.<

Hahaha.

You've clearly never, EVER played Pikmin 2 in your life. Granted, it's not the most supremely difficult RTS ever, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Suggesting that a reason for its weakness is that "it isn't grown up" just shows your level of thinking... and it makes me kind of assume that you're the type of guy who should be playing Pikmin. Going by your own logic, of course.

Keep your stupid assumptions to yourself and try not to make so much of an idiot out of yourself next time.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:29
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
AfroJoe wrote:
> TaMi-Jr wrote:
> yeah sorry pikmin 2 is a really grown up game.... i think the
> strategy's too simplistic and i prefer strategy games that actually
> make u think. a 5 year old could complete pikmin 2, which is what
> nintendo aimed for. "family console". some people likes
> challenges afrojoe, u must be one of those that only plays games on
> easy >.<
>
> Hahaha.
>
> You've clearly never, EVER played Pikmin 2 in your life. Granted,
> it's not the most supremely difficult RTS ever, but that doesn't mean
> it's a bad game. Suggesting that a reason for its weakness is that
> "it isn't grown up" just shows your level of thinking...
> and it makes me kind of assume that you're the type of guy who should
> be playing Pikmin. Going by your own logic, of course.
>
> Keep your stupid assumptions to yourself and try not to make so much
> of an idiot out of yourself next time.

oh dear. was pikmin 2 too difficult for u? do u have the word "noob" stamped on your forehead? i thought as much.
Fri 20/05/05 at 17:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
TaMi-Jr wrote:
> oh dear. was pikmin 2 too difficult for u? do u have the word
> "noob" stamped on your forehead? i thought as much.

If you can point out where I said Pikmin 2 was too difficult for me, then I'll happily admit that you've won this argument. The thing is, however, I never said anything of the sort. You've just formed your last post on the assumption that I found Pikmin 2 difficult, which 1.) is wrong, and 2.) shows that you have difficulty understanding what in reality are fairly simplistic points.

When you've decided that you're not going to be a complete and utter retard, feel free to try and debate my point properly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.