GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So......Thunderhorn."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 19/05/05 at 13:56
Regular
Who's actually on it and what are your character names?

Alliance

Kawada: Mitsuko - Gnome Mage

Horde

Damarus: Damarus - Orc Hunter
Pandaemonium: Miresnare - Tauren Hunter
satans little helper: Kimnjinx - UD warlock
Bullett: StevieWonder - UD Rogue
Goatboy: Fump - Troll Shaman
SHEEPY: Sheepauren
Whitestripes DX: Skwashy - Orc Hunter
Light: Jugurtha - Troll Hunter
Cycloon: Evening - Orc Warlock
Wed 25/05/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
If anyone would like to freak my housemate out, he's an Orc Warrior named Kitkikeya.
Fri 03/06/05 at 03:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Just thought I'd pop this. Got bored of Dragonmaw, PvP is dull now and I'm fed up of constantly having to look over my shoulder everytime I quest/explore in the fear that yet another group of level ?? will run up and kill me just so they can access a new piece of armour.

I've copied all my characters over to Thunderhorn, as in, cloned them starting from scratch. All the same classes and names.

Aimait - Tauren Hunter
Walsh - Troll Rogue
Orcling - Orc Shaman
Zomboid - Undead Warlock

A bit miffed that I had to abandon my level 51, but am actually glad I'll now be able to play the game at my own pace and start having fun again.
Fri 03/06/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Just thought I'd pop this. Got bored of Dragonmaw, PvP is dull now and
> I'm fed up of constantly having to look over my shoulder everytime I
> quest/explore in the fear that yet another group of level ?? will run
> up and kill me just so they can access a new piece of armour.
>
> I've copied all my characters over to Thunderhorn, as in, cloned them
> starting from scratch. All the same classes and names.
>
> Aimait - Tauren Hunter
> Walsh - Troll Rogue
> Orcling - Orc Shaman
> Zomboid - Undead Warlock
>
> A bit miffed that I had to abandon my level 51, but am actually glad
> I'll now be able to play the game at my own pace and start having fun
> again.

Exactly the reason I moved before I started hitting hit levels. PvP can be fun, but sometimes I just want to quest in peace.
Fri 03/06/05 at 21:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Today just reinforces why I moved to PvE.
Was with another shaman (I'm 29, he's 30) at Blackfathom Deeps, waiting to go inside and quest. 3 Alliance turn up, lv 26, 30 & 24. So we're all pretty evenly matched.
They start clucking and rasping at us, so we flick pvp on and antagonise them. Clearly their righteous fury knew no bound so they attacked.

A hunter, a rogue & a warrior against 2 shamans.
*chuckles*
We absolutely butchered them. So we went fishing for a bit afterwards to await another member of the team before we quested the instance.
And the 3 victims come back with another mate.
4 of them this time, still flagged for pvp.
So we killed 4 of them. And danced. And did some more fishing.
They return again and salute/applaud us, and we thank/bow etc.
And, screenshot coming up, all of us stood there fishing and insulting a hydra.

There's just a lack of idiotic ganking on pve for the most part. Just straight forward, evenly pitched fighting. Which I have zero problem with, I'll happily lose a fight against somebody around my level. It'll be because I wasn't very good/strong against that guy.
It's NOT being hammered by lv?? gangs for no reason.

Fighting = good
Raping = bad
Sat 04/06/05 at 00:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I joined the wrong realm, all you lot are on this one. :c(

Another good thing about PvE, is that although you've got the normal PvP fighting which is fun, you can also duel opposition members randomly and not have to worry about dying.

I challenged a lv60 to a duel once, I was lv7. :c)

I was going at him like anything, then he hit me once and it ended.
Sun 05/06/05 at 22:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hit lv30 today, over that hump so almost where I was on PvP before it all went nasty.
Hadn't played for a couple of days but right back into it again now, missed my fishing zen moments and smacking huge spiders in the face with my troll pole
Mon 20/06/05 at 08:36
Regular
Having recently got back into the game, I've not had any problems whatsoever on Dragonmaw. I'm now level 31 and have come across Horde a number of times - no trouble at all.

Hanging around outside BFD by myself, I notice two Tauren coming up behind me - level36 and 29. I waved, got moonfired once then they waved back. I think they were intimidated by my Mechanical Squirrel.

Whitestripes - gone Alliance? Nice one. Can't believe you deleted your level 60 though. :O
Mon 20/06/05 at 11:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Had some Battlegrounds yesterday, capture the flag.
Was targetted by a Paladin 3 levels higher than me until he'd killed me a couple of times on the trot. I proceeded to run behind a building, him giving chase.
Smack bang into 3 lv60 Orcs.
He didn't pick on the weakling shaman anymore
Mon 20/06/05 at 19:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm a lv16 Tauren shaman now.

Some lv13 dueled me in Ratchet, there were 4 alliance in total all with PvP enabled. It would have been an easy win for me but I attacked her before the countdown and flagged myself for PvP.

They all killed me, and they were then killed by 4 conveniently placed Bruisers.

Neutral towns need more anti-PvP guards, it's too easy to kill people and have nothing happen. Must be great fun on PvP servers.
Mon 20/06/05 at 20:09
Regular
Bullett wrote:

>
> Whitestripes - gone Alliance? Nice one. Can't believe you deleted
> your level 60 though. :O

Aye, got level 20 in two days with the help of some Alliance friends, but now I have to break as all my exams are lumped together into this week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.