GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/03/01 at 00:21
Regular
This one closes on April 1st, but it's not an April fool.

Over the coming weeks we are upgrading our search engine. It's having a triple destructurisation operation and invisible lurking terms enhancements.

The prize will go to the person who finds the MOST VALID PROBLEMS across our WHOLE PRODUCT RANGE in the SEARCH FACILITY.

If you think you should be able to search on "Horror Movies", but nothing comes up, then add it to your list.

If you think people will mis-spell gran turismo, then add that too - but test it first.

Use short lists if possible but multiple posts will count together. i.e. all your posts on this subject will add up and count towards the prize.

Closes 9 am on April 1st, 2001.

I recommend you read the details of our searching process which you can click to from a link at Site Map. Basically we use the start of a word, so a search on "thunder" will find "thunderball". If several words are combined it must find all.
Page:
Tue 10/04/01 at 12:07
Regular
Oh boy.....well done meka.
Tue 10/04/01 at 12:05
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Yes please.
Tue 10/04/01 at 11:31
Regular
"not dead"
Thank you.

I have to say that I'm glad I won as I spent hours typing different things into that search engine!

Hope it was of some use.

Now do I email the usual gameaday address to claim my prize?
Tue 10/04/01 at 10:53
Regular
It's not really a suprise Meka won is it?

I think he searched for everything in your magazines!

Still, well done mate.

:-)
Tue 10/04/01 at 10:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well Done how about a Havana cigar :)
Tue 10/04/01 at 10:47
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Sorry for the delay. We had a tremendous response to this and we have been working through the list and making the changes.

Most of the changes will be in place by the end of this week.

THE WINNER IS:
meka_dragon

We extend our thanks to everybody who took part.
Sat 07/04/01 at 17:24
Regular
It was closed ages ago, but who won?
Sat 07/04/01 at 16:58
Regular
I know the comp is closed but I thought I'd let you know anyway:

I searched for Pokémon today so I could review Pokémon Gold but it said "No matches found for Pokémon"

So I typed Pokemon (the second syllable pronounced and spelt different to how it should be) and it worked
Sat 07/04/01 at 02:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It depends which planet he was referring to when he said 'days'. It's all relative...
Fri 06/04/01 at 23:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
1st - 6th that is more than day or two ;)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.