GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reggie holding press conference now"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 20:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
And as expected, no new details.

May the internet be quiet of Megaton guff once more.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> It was that Shigsy interview that did it for me. I think the
> "One thing we want to make sure that we don't do is have too
> many games of the same type or genre" sums it all up.

Muh I'd copy it in here two, but see the quotage in the other thread.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Look at what he's saying! Shigsy, the man himself, saying he wants to "MAKE SURE" that there aren't too many games "of the same type or genre". There is no such thing as "Too many games". You can't have "Too many games". If you have 100 FPS which all play the same but have different storylines, western, sci fi, medieval - how is that a bad thing? How is that worse than having only one FPS?

Yeah he's saying that he wants lots of differnt genres of games, but how can he possibly want to discourage lots of games? Obviously its better if developers choose to make new games instead of clones, but if they want to make clones then don't stop them! Don't "make sure" they don't do it! It's not going to cause any harm. It's the exact sort of arrogance Nintendo always display - thinking "It's our console we want only games we approve of", like they did with the N64 - and look how it killed 3rd party support on that.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I think you're a little over obsessive of that quote. You gotta remember he doesn't have control over what Nintendo does, he's a game maker not a business man.

Anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/live/stream_asx.html? speed=300&path=2stream_e3_2005_ [SPACE]
show13_hi.asx&playall=&letsgs=&push=&prestream=&first=

Copy and paste that into your File > Open URL box in media player, skip a couple of minutes then let the big man massage back your reassurance in Nintendo with his comfortingly deep voiced words.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The quote just highlights the ridiculous attitude of Nintendo. And it makes me weep.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You watched the Reg vid yet?
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:12
"period drama"
Ahahaha, suck it up, you big pansies.
If the controller is so amazingly revolutionary, then it'll be impossible for the other companies to 'steal it' or whatever without saying the controllers they put out weren't actually real ones, and putting everything back on to the design board.

Not quite as easy as sticking a couple of vibrating motors inside the casing.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
If it's so revolutionary, maybe it'll be easy to steal just no one's thought of it yet. Or something.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:17
"period drama"
Who cares, really?
They're obviously painfully insecure if they're pinning all their hopes on a controller and think that if anyone else had the same idea, that Ninty wouldn't do as well as them.

But ... y'know ... it's a controller.
It's not really going to change anything.

Unless it has mind control.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Derren Brown is in teh controller!!

Who'd blame Nintendo for being cautious the other two companies would steal ideas for their launch? I mean if it's supposed to be *that* good. Analogue and Rumble were nicked, Sony are now gonna use a PSP/PS3 connection with the PSP becoming a PS3 controller in some games..

And also if Nintendo are just holding off until the final point other companies can change.. it backs up the theory they won't wait the full year until E3.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Reggie - "For a console that's being released in November I don't see an awful lot of software"

Ahahaha.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.