GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Aha. I was right."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/05/05 at 22:24
Regular
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617195p1.html[/URL]

Who was right?
I was right
IN YOUR FASE!
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:42
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> The exact problem that we have at the moment with Gamecube, munn, is
> the distinct lack of ANY games. Nintendo saying that they want LESS
> games on their console is almost tear inducing.
>
> Come on! How can you possbly be happy that Nintendo are saying they
> want to stop 3rd parties making games for their consoles. They're
> saying basically that they only want a couple of games from each
> genre. I don't understand how you could put a positive spin on that.
> More variety of games and more games available = more customers =
> more games = more customers etc etc.

Well lets take the PS2.
It's got huge 3rd party support.
But there are few 3rd party games worth getting.

Burnout 3, GTA, Pro Evo

But we get Baten Kaitos, Tales Of Symphonia, Skies Of Arcadia, Resi 4 (for a good while at least).

The X-Box has it's own third party games too.

I'd say there are more god third partyu games exclusive to Nintendo than there are exclusive to teh other 2 consoles.

It'll probably stay that way, but because we still care about the games we don't get, you kick up a fuss.

If I got Pro Evo, Burnout 3 and GTA on the GC and the PS2 got BK, ToS and SoA:L, I'd be a lot less happy than I am now.

Burnout 3 is way overrated (but they don't get many good PS2 games, so they think it's good), as is GTA.

Pro Evo is the only one of those games I miss.

But whatever.

Shigsy isn't the one who's in charge of getting 3rd party developers on board. Reggie has a lot more input on that, I'd say.

Oh, and what third party support has the X-Box 360 and PS3 got ready anyway?

Not much I say.

AND, none of the consoles will have a killer app at launch anyway.
Certainly not one developed by a third party.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Actually if anything Shigsy says he isn't sure when it will be released, but does confirm it'll all be out there by E3.
Thu 19/05/05 at 23:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They say they won't reveal everything until E3 (well shigsy said that), which would mean that by that time, the 360 would have been out for a full 6 months. By that time people will have made up their mind.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> Let's just hope that Nintendo reveal the Revolution before the xbox
> 360 launch. Let's just hope they have the sense to do that, and I
> might be all right again.

You're talking November, right? I'm sure by then we'll know more.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I blody hope so.

"too many games" indeed.

I weep.

Let's just hope that Nintendo reveal the Revolution before the xbox 360 launch. Let's just hope they have the sense to do that, and I might be all right again.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
He's crazy and Japanese.

Follow Reggie into the path of light, he truly is Nintendo's new messiah.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I hope to God Reggie gets his way, but when one of the most respected men at Nintendo, a man who holds a lot of sway with policy, is saying that he doesn't want lots of "games of the same type or genre" on his console, you can't help but be worried.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Everything Nintendo says just worries me more and more. It's shigsy mainly, but the fact that they don't have any games to show, a year before launch, that no one has even sniffed a dev kit (it takes more than a year to make a killer game), that has me worried.

Couple that with the fact that Nintendo seem to be making the same horrible mistakes they've made this time, mistakes that mean we completely miss out on games like Burnout 3, Pro Evo, GTA and whatnot - really good games that we just don't even get anywhere near. The fact that Shigsy said he wanted to discourage 3d parties from making games because they're all too similar is just suicide. What kind of business sense is that? I mean hwo can anybody be optimistic after THIS (and I'm gonna quote this everytime someone talks about the Revolution):

"One thing we want to make sure that we don't do is have too many games of the same type or genre"

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! ARG. THATS EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE WANT! CHOICE! DIFFERENT CHOICES OF GAMES SO THERE'S SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE! AAAAAAAAAAAR
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> Come on! How can you possbly be happy that Nintendo are saying they
> want to stop 3rd parties making games for their consoles. They're
> saying basically that they only want a couple of games from each
> genre.

I honestly don't think that is the remark's meaning.

Quoted directly from the Reggie (everyone should watch it ^_^):

Nerd #1: Is the Revolution going to have a big increase in third-party support?
Reggie: We're certainly working hard to have a *very* strong level of support. We think at the moment it's at a high-water mark, and we're looking to carry on driving that.
Thu 19/05/05 at 22:43
Regular
"bot"
munn wrote:
> I can't understand what it is you want.

[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=124891&forumid=4006[/URL]
There. That's why Nintendo made a mistake.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.