GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFFICIAL ENGLAND VICTORY THREAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/11/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We won! Whoopeee! 20-17!

Gaaaaaaaaah!

If you have anything to say (Or scream) add it to this thread.
Tue 25/11/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Indeed. Well done.

There were a lot of wackoes down at Heathrow at 4AM to see the victorious team return to the country. Someone I know at school was actually crazy enough to go- well worth it to see the victoroius stars apparently, even if it meant waking up at 3AM. But that's living in Mole Valley for you- 1 hour from Heathrow.
Mon 24/11/03 at 14:23
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Solskjær wrote:
>
> Well done England! :D
Mon 24/11/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm not usually a Rugby fan, but, like so-many others, I just had to see what happened in this game, being English, and all that.

And what a game it turned out to be!

I didn't know what to expect, given the rediculous amounts of hype the media can place on a team (at least, in Football, anyway), but, from what I could hear on my radio at work, it seemed like England were gonna walk-all-over the Aussies from early-on - with Jonny Wilkinson set to single-handedly 'do it' for us, like some kind of out-of-proportion fairy-tale, or something...

It didn't seem like too much of a "team"-effort, but I still thought we'd be alright. And then, of course, within the final-seconds of normal time, the 'unthinkable' happened, and they equalised!

I thought that was it, then - but no! We still managed to hold-on and win it (just!)! (And, thankfully, I was able to actually see Extra Time on TV, just because it was dead at work, that morning).

I just never thought I could find any Cup Final quite as thrilling in a sport other than Football... (then again, when was the last time our FOOTBALL team was in a major cup-final, eh?!) :)

I didn't go "mental" like everyone else did when the final-whistle was finally blown, but it was still good to see an English team achieve in something for all the right reasons - without having it all blown out-of-proportion, some months before the tournament.

Still, I fear for Jonny Wilkinson now, with his dreaded "David Beckham"-status that is surely soon set to arrive, soon...

Why can't they just leave him alone?! He's got a gift - and that's playing Rugby! Leave him alone and let him get-on with it - Rugby doesn't need an ego-tistic "Hero"!

Still, I here he's been made A "Freeman of Newcastle", whatever that means... Does that mean he can get away with crimes and stuff??

Well done England! :D
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:58
"Darkness, always"
Der Nazi wrote:
> It is a shame, yes. But then, larger clubs do have large lineups. If
> UEFA put a ruling on the number of foreign players (Not non-EU) a
> team could have, it would certainly help.

That would be in violation of EU law.
Mon 24/11/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I'd just like to say WELD0NE LADS!!! :D
Mon 24/11/03 at 04:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I would also join in the screaming and shouting, however i really couldn't give a toss about the old egg chasing. It's amazing how many rugby fans have suddenly come out of the woodwork in the past month, i didn't realise it was such a popular sport.

Yes it's nice we're finally the best at something but i'm not going to fake some joy at a sport i find boring.

Now if the football team win Euro 2004? I'll be the first person running around town stark naked singing God Save Our Queen.
Sun 23/11/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It is a shame, yes. But then, larger clubs do have large lineups. If UEFA put a ruling on the number of foreign players (Not non-EU) a team could have, it would certainly help.

However, this rule used to be applied to the Champions League, and it was kicked out when big money signings statred in the early 90s. But if the 5 'players from the country the league is based in' in the starting lineup rule is implemented, it still won't help, because it revolves around the passport a player holds: In other words, the UK (Or Ireland with a UK passport). The old firm teams will still therefore be able to get away with what Celtic did.

In other words, the Scottish national team may be feckered.
Sun 23/11/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Celtic won 5-1 yesterday and they didn't have one Scotsman playing in their side. That's quite ridiculous and there should be some sort of ruling on this.

How is the national side supposed to get better if the Scottish youth cannot come through the ranks and develop into established players?

Players like Fletcher, Mcfadden have been given a chance and they have shown great potential, im sure there's more of them out there - it's just a shame they aren't being given the opportunity.
Sun 23/11/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It is all ifs, I admit, but there is one thing that will be definite: Scotland will still have trouble qualifying in 2006. Their system is in such a decline that it could well take some time to reorganise it. Even though there are young players like Crawford, Fletcher and Stewart coming through, it's not enough.
Sat 22/11/03 at 21:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Der Nazi wrote:
> If the football team get their act together in 2006, you'll be eating
> your words. And if we win Euro 2004, we'll be well on the way.

Major, major IF.

But I suppose, it will be in Germany, and if England won there, there would be quite a few irate Germans going about following it.

Scotland will get past the second round there. I promise.

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.