GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda: The Movie"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/05/05 at 03:15
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
It's probably been done here before, and I might even be on the wrong forum, but nonetheless, a Zelda Trilogy anyone?

If so, CGI or actors?

If actors, then who? (please don't throw orlando bloom/leo di caprio etc and katie holmes/keira knightley etc into casting for Link and Zelda)

I'm just interested to see how many people think what. Was there not a poll on Nintendo's website a few years back trying to assess the demand for a Zelda movie?
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:34
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:

> Yeh, suppose you might be right but in the past they have shunned
> whatever anybody said! And look where it has got them! 3rd place (out
> of 3).

But more game revenue than PS2 and X-box put together.

Nintendo sometimes listen to their fans... they also listen to their shareholders. Pokemon sells.
Sat 21/05/05 at 20:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
[URL]http://www.oikourgos.com/zelda/zeldamovie.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://point.worldtel.net.pk/wallpaper/Posters/Zelda%20Movie%20Poster%20(1).jpg[/URL]

Quick search of google bought up some funny images...
Sat 21/05/05 at 19:35
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
You've (hopefully) seen the upcoming trailers. For a Zelda movie, think that but better.
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:06
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
~~Stankonia~~ wrote:
> Zelda could make a great move, depends how it was created. Real actors
> would be rubbish.

Maybe, but it could be great if it was done properly with great actors, writers and a superb director!

Imagine the budget for Lord of the Rings, along with Peter Jackson directing and a first rate cast!

The end product could be amazing if done properly!
Sat 21/05/05 at 16:04
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Ocarina wrote:
> Dude, if they NEVER listened to their fans, then why is The Legend of
> Zelda : Twilight Princess looking so damn good? And why does the
> Revolution look like it has the potential to be the best-looking
> console to date?
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo do have this one somewhere in
> their deep bag...

Yeh, suppose you might be right but in the past they have shunned whatever anybody said! And look where it has got them! 3rd place (out of 3).
Sat 21/05/05 at 14:35
Regular
"lol"
Zelda could make a great move, depends how it was created. Real actors would be rubbish.
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:29
Regular
"The Ocarina of Time"
N64 Fan wrote:
> Ocarina wrote:
> Was there not a poll on Nintendo's website a few years back trying
> to assess the demand for a Zelda movie?
>
> Even if there was, Nintendo NEVER listen to their fans!
> They only 'assume' what their fans want!
> Oh and that must be Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, more pokemon and yes even
> more blo*dy pokemon.

Dude, if they NEVER listened to their fans, then why is The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess looking so damn good? And why does the Revolution look like it has the potential to be the best-looking console to date?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo do have this one somewhere in their deep bag...
Sat 21/05/05 at 13:01
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Ocarina wrote:
Was there not a poll on Nintendo's website a few years back trying to assess the demand for a Zelda movie?

Even if there was, Nintendo NEVER listen to their fans!
They only 'assume' what their fans want!
Oh and that must be Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, more pokemon and yes even more blo*dy pokemon.
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I mean CGI style real actor guff. CGI renditions of real people á la FFspirits within are usually terrible. I can't really imagine Zelda being a cartoon style CGI like Shrek - it only works for comedies.
Sat 21/05/05 at 12:38
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Heh
I was thinking along the lines of the gorons getting CGIed up, a bit like Jar Jar Binks (only not like him) and leaving the human actors as they are.
I'm not sure whether Mr Blessed lists eating bomb plants on his acting CV.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.