GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SAD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/11/03 at 22:24
Regular
"I'm Great."
For those that aren't familiar with it.

http://www.outsidein.co.uk/sadinfo.htm

I think I suffer from sub-syndromal SAD. I've been like this for in the past few years. I'm really down but I haven't a real good reason to be. Well there could be one but nothing major compared to most people. I'm rather moody and get angery easily at the slightest things at the moment. Could say its that time of the year, I guess.

Anyone else suffer from it, even if its only a mild form of it?
Mon 17/11/03 at 09:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
My brother supposedly has it, the doctor recommended he take a placement year in a sunny country so he went to Tasmania through his Uni. I am skeptical though.
Mon 17/11/03 at 09:37
"Mimmargh!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I suffer from it, but the opposite to the norm. I get down, depressed
> and lethargic around springtime.

Are you sure thats not hay fever?
Mon 17/11/03 at 09:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I suffer from it, but the opposite to the norm. I get down, depressed and lethargic around springtime.
Mon 17/11/03 at 08:56
"Mimmargh!"
They suffer from it really badly in these places like Siberia where they only get a few precious moments of sunlight in the whole year. Its to do with your chemicals in the brain stimuated by light. Doctors and psychologists prescribe special lights that are extemely strong, when people sat under the light for just a hour they significantly improved. I am still sceptical about this illness but in any case try to gets lots of light; i.e. always keep lights on in your room etc.

Hope that helps in anyway.
Mon 17/11/03 at 08:25
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Cid Vilante wrote:
> I'm rather moody and get angery easily at the slightest
> things at the moment.
>
> I've got a better diagnosis - you're a teenager.

thanks doc!
Mon 17/11/03 at 08:22
Regular
"I'm Great."
Dr Gonzo wrote:

> I've got a better diagnosis - you're a teenager.

That has something to do with it but I have also noticed a difference between summer me and winter me the past few years. Not saying I have an extreme case of SAD but a mild one. I'm also a bit of a hypochondriac but that's besides the point.
Mon 17/11/03 at 00:21
Regular
"cachoo"
Wow. That's interesting. Sounds better now in a way because I think 'depression' seems a little more far fetched.
Mon 17/11/03 at 00:06
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Cid Vilante wrote:
> I'm rather moody and get angery easily at the slightest
> things at the moment.

I've got a better diagnosis - you're a teenager.
Sun 16/11/03 at 23:47
Regular
I laughed quite a bit when I first heard about it... you surely can't call a depression illness SAD.

But it exists, it seems. Crikey.
Sun 16/11/03 at 23:31
Regular
"I'm Great."
That was indeed a bad thing. So far I'm not like that. I hope I never will be either.

I'm feeling very deflated and so I'm off to bed. Good Night.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.