GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: Double Dash!! First Impressions"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 23:28
Regular
What a horrible disappointment.

The soundtrack is nothing above poor, and the graphics are vibrant but mostly lack detail. The courses are, on the whole, poorly designed and incredibly short-lapped. There's a distinct lack of options, and battle mode is brought down by the awful arena design and unforgivable lack of bots. The gameplay is generally good, but too slow, especially now F-Zero GX is released.

This seems to mark a worrying trend for the series; this is worse than Mario Kart 64, and that wasn't as good as the original. Even Crash Team Racing, a PSOne game and a blatent rip-off, has better design in some respects. I see no explanation other than the fact that this was rushed out to give sales a boost at Christmas. Oh Nintendo? What have you done?

A shame. But these are first impressions, and I have only played about an hour and a half. Perhaps I'll grow to love it. At present however, it IS good, but only around 6-7/10.
Tue 18/11/03 at 19:57
Regular
"rooooooooooooney"
Valentino Rossi wrote:

> What sort of total time do you get on the Cup Tour on 50cc, must be
> about 40+ minutes ? - lot of time if you mess up on the last race or
> two !

It took me 43 mins on 50cc, 40 mins on 100cc and 37 mins on 150cc. Cup tour was a pointless invention.
Tue 18/11/03 at 09:14
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Rickoss wrote:
> Bah. Cup Tour. 50cc. 160 points. Lots of lapping. Nothing.

What sort of total time do you get on the Cup Tour on 50cc, must be about 40+ minutes ? - lot of time if you mess up on the last race or two !
Tue 18/11/03 at 09:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I just got the Rebel Strike bonus disc (USA one) off someone on the ntsc-uk.com forums, put a wanted topic on there and someone will sell you it.
Tue 18/11/03 at 08:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I want the ZELDA disk...
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:53
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
That threw me a bit as well. But OOT is a classic anyway!
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I have had it for some time now, and yet, I don't have the same urge to play it as I had with OOT. Must be all the sea travel.
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:42
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Since it was a demo, I didn't get much time to understand the new basis of it! Is alright so far
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The Wind Waker?

What do you think of it?
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:39
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I got the bundle that also came with Wrestlemania for £5 and the Zelda limited game
Tue 18/11/03 at 00:34
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
*Bought.

And, what else did you get?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.