GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart: Double Dash!! First Impressions"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/11/03 at 23:28
Regular
What a horrible disappointment.

The soundtrack is nothing above poor, and the graphics are vibrant but mostly lack detail. The courses are, on the whole, poorly designed and incredibly short-lapped. There's a distinct lack of options, and battle mode is brought down by the awful arena design and unforgivable lack of bots. The gameplay is generally good, but too slow, especially now F-Zero GX is released.

This seems to mark a worrying trend for the series; this is worse than Mario Kart 64, and that wasn't as good as the original. Even Crash Team Racing, a PSOne game and a blatent rip-off, has better design in some respects. I see no explanation other than the fact that this was rushed out to give sales a boost at Christmas. Oh Nintendo? What have you done?

A shame. But these are first impressions, and I have only played about an hour and a half. Perhaps I'll grow to love it. At present however, it IS good, but only around 6-7/10.
Fri 21/11/03 at 18:33
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, same with me.

It's funny, the only words you remember are "Hello" and all the regular 'naughty' words. FOr instance, I went on the China trip with my school last October. All I can remember is Hello, and, well, you know...

:D
Fri 21/11/03 at 18:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
Microchips wrote:
> :D
>
> You don't know how happy it's makes me feel knowing that I'm finally
> forgetting German.
>
> Woo :D

Me too, only 6 months after the exam and i am already forgetting the basics! Apart from the curse words...
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
:D

You don't know how happy it's makes me feel knowing that I'm finally forgetting German.

Woo :D
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
*Zugflug

:-D
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Oooh, lovely.

You just saved me about 35 minutes.

Danke Aj. And remember- Flugzug schneeman!
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:41
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Don't do 100cc on All Cup thingy.

You get no prize, and it's just a waste of time.

Do it on 150cc and you unlock Mirror Mode, and then more stuff comes after completing Mirror Mode. More courses, more characters, etcetera.
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Urgh, the thought of 100cc and 150cc cup-tour.

And then there's mirror mode.

Gonna take me ages!
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Chipples am the winnar.
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Just got all gold's on every cup, and completed 50cc All-cup tour.

Very cool game.
Fri 21/11/03 at 14:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Every cup on All cc's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.