GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What IS the future of gaming?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/03/01 at 02:22
Regular
This forum is supposed to be about the future of gaming, so excuse me if this has already been done before but im new around here.

What does everyone expect from games/consoles over the next few years?

My vision is of a whole virtual battlefield, incoporating PC, DC, PS2 X and 'Cube owners into the war.

Someone would command the troops C & C style, other people could be pilots in the war, others could drive tanks or something and a third set could play first person like UT or something.

It's just a suggestion, so what do other people think?
Sun 11/03/01 at 02:22
Regular
This forum is supposed to be about the future of gaming, so excuse me if this has already been done before but im new around here.

What does everyone expect from games/consoles over the next few years?

My vision is of a whole virtual battlefield, incoporating PC, DC, PS2 X and 'Cube owners into the war.

Someone would command the troops C & C style, other people could be pilots in the war, others could drive tanks or something and a third set could play first person like UT or something.

It's just a suggestion, so what do other people think?
Sun 11/03/01 at 05:01
This would be interesting. Mostly because I'd love to hear the reactions of console players after they've been introduced to their first |_33+ doods and have just gotten 'ganked' a few dozen times in a row since these people have 'camped' the spawning points. That would be funny indeed.
Sun 11/03/01 at 09:02
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I think the future of gaming lies in all consoles working together, to a certain extent. Imagine this: Play GTA3 (which becomes available on DC, X-box GC and PS2), over a consoles internet capabilities, wichever console you have. Or consoles linking to PC's (read 'the truth about consoles) And to finish, yes this has been done before, but don't worry all newbies post 'the real future of gameing no. 1256' or console wars no. 96453'!!!!!!! :)
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:22
Please, for the love of whatever god you deem holy, keep consoles and PCs seperate. *sighs*
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:26
let me pray with you. `sighs`
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
amen
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:37
bless you all

p.s where has grix gone?
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:44
Regular
The near Future of Gaming?

Well, the GC, Xbox and PS2 owners will all buy this game from Capcom.

Then the true console wars will start as the Nintendo players wipe out every single inferior gamer (i.e. PS2 and Xbox owners) showing exactly who the greatest gamers are!

lol
Sun 11/03/01 at 12:47
YEH HA HA HA HA!!!
Sun 11/03/01 at 13:04
I mean, I was kidding when I said connecting all those together would be interesting. Just the inclusion of the PC is enough to terrify me from any concept like this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.