GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your favourite gaming moments?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
In a bid to improve the standard of the posts in here I thought I would make an effort with this one. Just wanted to know what games changed the way you thought of games, which you struggled to put down etc.

Perhaps the brilliant multiplayer of Goldeneye or mario kart
The wonders of metal gear solid or driving in gran turismo
The online brilliance of SOCOM, Halo or something else?

So? What games gave you your favourite gaming moments?
Mon 10/11/03 at 14:50
Regular
"hit the road jack"
1. The crunch of the bodies and hearing them yell under the tank on Goldeneye

2. Winning a star on Mario 64 after a very hard task. For example, one of the slides.

3. Building a brilliant rollercoaster on Rollercoaster Tycoon which doesnt make a circuit and releasing another train of victims then watching the two collide. The SFX for that is brilliant.

4. Playing the Gamecube for the first time ever. Luigi's Mansion. I remember waiting 20 minutes in this tiny, stuff computer shop.

5. Beating your mates on Mario Kart 64. Especially on Bowsers Castle and Banshee Boardwalk.
Mon 10/11/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Timmargh wrote:
> Playing eight player Micro Machines on the PlayStation whilst being
> rather 'the worse for wear' ...

I remember that title. Damned good party game.
Mon 10/11/03 at 14:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Playing eight player Micro Machines on the PlayStation whilst being rather 'the worse for wear' ...
Mon 10/11/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
The train ride at the start of Half Life.

Finishing the Side Arms arcade on a single credit

Finishing R-Type on a single credit

Playing Snes Street Fighter 2 for weeks against my brother.

Seeing Doom for the first time on a prehistoric 486 sx 25.

Seeing how much potential Doom3 has judging from the E3 demo.

Being blown away by the compiled Half Life 2 leaked source code and E3 demo. No artifical intelligence yet, but I'll be buying this game *no matter what* (No, I don't have the code any more to respect the wishes of Valve, and I don't want to see any more than a taster of thefinal product)
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:54
Regular
Going into space on Final Fantasy 8
Flying the school on Final Fantsy 8

*thinks up more*
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My favourite gaming moments:

Completing Sonic 1 in various different ways and various different methods.

Receiving Sonic 2 at 7am on the day of release and playing it before I went to school.

Sensible World of Soccer, well Sensible Soccer in general. Changing the names of some of the teams to add you and your mates.

Getting my Playstation.

Dune 2.

Grand Prix 1 on the Amiga.

Loading times on the old Spectrum. (Yes, I enjoyed it. :D)

Completing Crash Team Racing fully. Well, I guess, seeing all your hard work on a game pay off.

Sol-Feace of the Mega CD.

Transport Tycoon.

There are more.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:33
Regular
I love "those" gaming moments. The moments, where you find that your money went onto a game that was worth it.

Like on Final Fantasy 7, now *that* was a true epic title with no competition - just like FF8

They was truly great titles.
Mon 10/11/03 at 13:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
Getting my first computer when I was six. Amstrad CPC 464 - Use to spend hours playing games like Harrier Attack and Football Manager

Getting the original Game Boy for christmas with Tetris and Mario Land

Breaking all the world records on Olympic Gold for the Master System

Playing Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES for the first time. Best beat em up ever!

Another christmas got an Amiga 500. My most favourite computer to date

Sensible World of Soccer

Playing Mortal Kombat in the Arcade for hours on end

N64 with Goldeneye. Enough said

Zelda Ocarina of Time - Best game ever!

Getting my PS2 on launch day

GTA III and Vice City

X Box with Halo

More recently Zelda The Wind Waker, Pro Evolution Soccer 3, Star Wars KOTOR and ordering Mario Kart DD
Mon 10/11/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Also, managing to get GoldenEye a whole week before release date.
An hour or so before I was drooling over the video of it being shown off on the big screen in Game, then I walked into a different shop and it was there sitting on the shelf!!
I made sure it was the proper official UK version, and after confirmation I bought the sucka (and to this very day, I can't quite remember exactly, but the shop keeper may have even given me £10 too much in my change?? :D).
Mon 10/11/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Playing through and completing Secret of Mana.

Every second of Mario Kart on the SNES.

The amazing anticipation in waiting to get my SNES for Xmas, standing outside shop windows in the cold watching Street Fighter II playing in the window and knowing, she will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine.

Getting the SNES for Christmas, and wasting the whole holiday playing through Mario World and SFII.

Multiplayer GoldenEye.

Spending a fortune on the N64 launch date, buying every game available after working my butt off to save the money. Then playing it for the first time.

Discovering Special Reserve when I bought Wave Race 64.

Two-player simultaneous Duke Nukem 64 and San Francisco Rush.

Mastering the first ISS game on the SNES.

Buying my Japanese GBA. It was pricey, but the shock of seeing it being sold was too tempting.

Cruising around Vice City with the 80's music blaring out.

Buying my PSone and finally getting to play Resident Evil.

And many more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.