GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This forums sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/11/03 at 17:36
Regular
It's not new news, but its fact, this forum has been dropping in standards for a long time now.

Its the replacement for all the closed chatrooms.

People are talking about their various mating rituals, thinking it amazing that they can type like a retard, and some even are ignoring the fact that Lycos have committed a terrible crime*!

As for the other forums, I have no problems with. But General Chat seems to be full of more testosterone induced banter than my mind when I be chatting to girls!

The worst thing is, most of you talking about your experiences have only just started growing hair in those regions! Yuk!

Anyway, I've said my peace.

*On the 'quirkies' section of Lycos, there is a news article about a bloke protesting whilst dressed as Spider-man. Lycos spelt the comic character's name as 'Spiderman'.
Wed 12/11/03 at 00:27
Regular
For God's sake, shut up, really.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Remember me?"
Daddy Cool...

you just got boosh-checkmated! :D
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:49
Regular
Daddy Cool wrote:
> Be quiet.

What's this about freedom of speech?

No.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:47
Regular
Be quiet.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:45
Regular
Daddy Cool, did you graduate from pre-school? Because I have come to the conclusion by your response that you didn't understand my simple message:

You wrote:
">
> Well, why were you looking at a thread called 'Lets all recall in
> great detail the first time you had sex'? Your hand slipped and
> landed on the 'ghastly' topic?"

I responded with:

"> Actually, no. I didn't open that topic knowing too well what the
> content was gonna be."

You responded with:

"Oh, were you playing the 'Lets Open The Topics With Our Eyes Closed' game? Babe, topics have titles y'know. Didn't you get the memo?"

Think about it. I said I knew what the content was going to be without having to open the topic. Funnily enough, I didn't think it was going to be about spanners with the title it had.

The next part of the message, you wrote:

"> And you have the absolute right to tell us what should and should
> not
> be on here."

I responded with:

"> No, but I do have the right to my own opinion on the matter. Do you
> think its right to have kiddie sex?"

Then you responded with:

"Yes, considering how the 'kiddies' were mature teenagers. Following this pattern, do you also refer to dead people as 'the elderly'?"

Lets think about this one too. This message board has more under 16s than my local high school. Only a minority are of a 'mature' age. And you have just said you support underage intercourse? Well I'm suprised by that. Unless, ofcourse, you fit into that age group yourself, and so think that you know best, being a young teenager and all. (please don't copy Nomino) The thing is, even if some of the posters are over consenting age, it doesn't necessarily mean they all are. And many kids will read topics like that, and think they're being grown up by joining in.

Your Questions:
1. Are you heavy religous?
2. Do you believe the concept of 'free speech' is tantamount to the concept of 'pre-marital sex'?
3. Does Muhammed talk to you at night?

My answers:

1. I don't believe in any god, do not worship any power or being, and therefore don't consider myself religious at all. Although what that has to do with the issue I do not know.
2. I believe that freedom of speech actually does have its limits when in the public sector. After all, there are certain things that can not be said on TV before 9pm, and there are also certain things that can't actually be advertised - at all, despite our freedom of speech. In the same respects, I believe that in today's society, I shouldn't have to put up with topics about under-consenting-aged intimacy being published on a board full of children. I know it goes on a lot in the 'real world' but it doesn't mean I have to support it, and funnily enough, the law doesn't.
3. Considering I have no religious beliefs and don't have any interest in any religious beliefs I have no clue as to what you are on about - nor have I any idea what it has to do with this topic.

btw: Why do you presume that everyone on here wants to know the answers to those three questions you asked?

Either grow up to a mature enough level to even talk about such matters or just give up now. As many people on here already know, I can argue my ass off if I want to - and considering you have voiced your support for paedolphillic chat, I'm sure Special Reserve will take that into consideration should they have reason to look into your status on here.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I wish you lot would stop replying quoting the WHOLE post, we all know that you are trying to get your word count up, but by the time you have got enough posts you will have enough words. And it annoying having to scroll so much for nothing.
Tue 11/11/03 at 21:07
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Daddy Cool wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> ....but I wouldn't
> expect anything of the sorts I've had the displeasure of reading on
> here...
>
>
> landed on the 'ghastly' topic?
>
>
> Actually, no. I didn't open that topic knowing too well what the
> content was gonna be.

Oh, were you playing the 'Lets Open The Topics With Our Eyes Closed' game? Babe, topics have titles y'know. Didn't you get the memo?

> This forum should be the channel 5 of the forums, not the crazy
> Japanese channel.
>
>
> And you have the absolute right to tell us what should and should
> not
> be on here.
>
> No, but I do have the right to my own opinion on the matter. Do you
> think its right to have kiddie sex?

Yes, considering how the 'kiddies' were mature teenagers. Following this pattern, do you also refer to dead people as 'the elderly'?

The question on everyones lips is this:

Are you heavy religous? Do you believe the concept of 'free speech' is tantamount to the concept of 'pre-marital sex'? Does Muhammed talk to you at night?
Tue 11/11/03 at 11:19
Regular
VenomByte wrote:

>
> Agreed totally.
>
> Everyone has the right to post what they want, and interest is a very
> subjective thing. If you're unhappy with the way the forums are, then
> lead by example rather than complaining.

I have - not once have I joined in a topic about kiddie sex.
Tue 11/11/03 at 11:17
Regular
Daddy Cool wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> ....but I wouldn't
> expect anything of the sorts I've had the displeasure of reading on
> here...
>
>
> landed on the 'ghastly' topic?
>

Actually, no. I didn't open that topic knowing too well what the content was gonna be.

>
>
>
> This forum should be the channel 5 of the forums, not the crazy
> Japanese channel.
>
>
> And you have the absolute right to tell us what should and should not
> be on here.

No, but I do have the right to my own opinion on the matter. Do you think its right to have kiddie sex?
Tue 11/11/03 at 10:43
Regular
Then don'tpost on it, if you don'tlike it...

:p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.